No Bees

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It never spoils or rots. Honey found in the Pyramids was still edible. (Not sure I'd want to, though) And eating local honey will often de-activate allergy responses since you're getting minute amounts of local pollens in the honey.
I would eat that old honey in a second.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The jb population has gone crazy here! So hasthe yellow jackets I haves had to dispatch 5 yellow jacket hives I only got stunk 5 times but my husband got 3 and my 34yo son 10 they each got there's from one hive I took care of all 5
Is there a natural yellow jacket predator

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
The jb population has gone crazy here! So hasthe yellow jackets I haves had to dispatch 5 yellow jacket hives I only got stunk 5 times but my husband got 3 and my 34yo son 10 they each got there's from one hive I took care of all 5
Is there a natural yellow jacket predator
Bald faced hornets. Love to eat yellow jackets. B. F. Hornets are harmless IF left alone. Mad, they could some damage.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Honey that Carol Dee's hubby harvested. The left is early summer, the right; late summer. YUM!!!!View attachment 4126
Here is the rest of the days harvest and the empty frames.
Florida and honey! 144.JPG

Jelly jars, canning jars and recycled honey bottles.
Florida and honey! 142.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks yummy! I buy a dark local honey that is delicious. Love that honey! Did you know that it heals burns? If you burn yourself, put honey on the burn and it will heal right up.
I seem to allergic to many antibacterial ointments, but can and DO use raw honey. Amazing stuff. :love

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Honey is also anti viral and will kill pneumonia virus. I keep honey and apple cider vinegar mixed up half/half in a jar. I just keep it in the cabinet, no refrigeration. First sign of a sore throat, I put some in a small glass and top with water. I sip on it until it's gone and keep drinking it until the sore throat or cold is gone. It is also the cure for food poisoning and diarrhea. If you are "running at both ends" so to speak, sip on ACV and honey. Even if you puke it back up, keep sipping on it until you have consumed about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of ACV and honey. In about 30 minutes to an hour, you'll feel much much better.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Honey is also anti viral and will kill pneumonia virus. I keep honey and apple cider vinegar mixed up half/half in a jar. I just keep it in the cabinet, no refrigeration. First sign of a sore throat, I put some in a small glass and top with water. I sip on it until it's gone and keep drinking it until the sore throat or cold is gone. It is also the cure for food poisoning and diarrhea. If you are "running at both ends" so to speak, sip on ACV and honey. Even if you puke it back up, keep sipping on it until you have consumed about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of ACV and honey. In about 30 minutes to an hour, you'll feel much much better.
Good to know and well worth a try. Thanks. :hugs

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I did not know that. I am keeping that info handy - Thanks - Gosh Bay, you know SO much!!!!:bow

Latest posts