No Bees

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It will save you a trip to the hospital! It works. And for the dehydration, mix 1 spoon of salt with 5 spoons of sugar in glass of water and sip on it. This forms an electrolyte solution, handy to know if you're out of Gatorade and feel like crap and don't want to drag yourself to the store. ;)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It will save you a trip to the hospital! It works. And for the dehydration, mix 1 spoon of salt with 5 spoons of sugar in glass of water and sip on it. This forms an electrolyte solution, handy to know if you're out of Gatorade and feel like crap and don't want to drag yourself to the store. ;)
UGH :sick I HATE Gatorade and this does not sound much better.:hide

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a soph. in High School, I worked at UCD Vegtable Crops Dept. for $ 1.13/ hour ... planting, hoeing, harvesting, row upon row of acre plots of experimental varieties of vegetable crops. All phases of growing the crops were done completely by hand because we were also to observe and take notes of what we saw ( weeds, disease, insects, color, effects of herbicides, insecticides, temperature, moisture, bird and animal damage, etc.. When we hand harvested 40 acres of potatoes, we had help from 10 extra hired Braceros. They ourworked us by 2-3 fold while working bent over to hand pick the potato tubers while almost all of us guys where kneeling down to do so. All of us white kids had sore backs at the end of the days work ( almost 2 weeks ) while the Braceros didn't. We were wondering why, then I noticed that all of them had much shorter legs in proportion to height than us and were able to hand pick quite easily without getting any significant backache. Since daily afternoon temperatures were in the mid to high 90's to low 100's... All of us ( 17 h.s. and college students ) received a daily salt tablet and a gallon of ice water in the morning as an aid to prevent dehydration. Oh yea, these days I drink Powerade Zero ( zero calorie sports drink similar to Gatoraid ) as it not only contains water and about 1% : salt , citric acid, potassium,calcium, magnesium and vitamins B3, 6, 12 . No sugar , O% fat and 0 calories. So, I can get the elecrolytes without sugars , fats or extra calories which is good for diabetics and heart.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, the home made solution tastes like something you'd rather not drink, but it will do in a pinch.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So happy we got rid of those 2 big hive then my husband and I were sitting in the yard and got swarmed found 2 more nest may they rest in peace!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Try St. John's Wort. I have bushes, but there are ground cover-types as well. These plants, when they flower, are so covered with bees of every size and shape you'd have to see it to believe it.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I ended up buying some special yellow jacket foam, hate to you chemicals but they were taking over the yard! I sprayed each nest and it foamed wonderfully keeping any angry bees in so I felt pretty safe. I left it for 2 days and the can said to put dirt over the holes well one of the holes was 6in by 4 in I took a little while to fill it in. (soaked the dirt down. 2 of the others were tiny but the one hole that was only about 2 inches around I put the dirt on it, and stepped on the hole to push the dirt in and my foot (size 9.5) went through the ground! the hive under there was ginormous! how had I been walking in that area and not fallen in!???
@baymule skunks???:sick really!!!

Latest posts