OK, I Got the Dog

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Am supposed to bring her home today. DH is really ticked.:\
Dog is reportedly 5 years old, listed as "spaniel/beagle". She has the markings of a Springer (?) spaniel, black and white, with the short hair of a beagle. Medium size, I think may be overweight. Spayed, housebroken, heart worm negative. Said to be good with kids and other dogs and cats.
She pulled on the lead when I walked her at the shelter, but I don't think that is unusual, considering the circumstances. Didn't hear her bark, and she didn't jump up on me. I will be reporting our progress in detail I am sure. Wish me Luck!:fl

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been following your search, glad that a dog has picked you. Hope it goes good with your husband. If not, them maybe the dog can be a comfort to you in difficult circumstances. What's her name?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gonna get a crate and supplies today before I pick her up. I think DH will eventually come around. He gets upset if we have to switch brands of paper towels, so pretty much anything throws him for a loop.
The name she was given at the shelter is Toto. That will change. She is not a Toto. I'm thinking Belle or Rosie.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
goodiegoodie.png
So Exciting!!!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother inlaw told my sister no dogs, I gave her a young trained dog. He is the one most bonded with the dog now. I would check CL for a used crate, or ask if you could borrow one from shelter, you might not need to use it long. I would find out what she been eating and keep her on same food for a while, you can slowly change over her food later.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The guy at the shelter said the former owners fed her cat food and table scraps. She had been at the shelter about 2 weeks, so probably normal food wouldn't have made much effect yet, either.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay! A dog is a good thing. :)

I hope she is a sweetheart for you, and hoping it doesn't take your husband too long to love her. But I'm betting after the 3rd day he'll start warming up to having a dog.

I see people walking dogs all the time that drag them around (like my sisters JRT :rolleyes:). It's really not a hard thing to overcome with some consistent training.

Isn't it great to have NYboy here with all his dog experience?