Pasta sauce

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been making spaghetti sauce with my tomatoes and yesterday I froze some. I will have enough to cook again today or tomorrow and would love to hear a recipe that you really like. My first batch everybody loved. The next, DD and DS said it was not as good. I am not sure what they will think of what I froze, but it tasted good to me. I am wondering if I am cooking it down long enough. Any recipes, secrets, something that should never go in, something that should always be in the recipe?
I have learned that keeping it simple in the freezer seems the best. My DIL crock potted hers with the lid off and it was delicious. I freeze cooked tomatoes and make sauce when I use them. I put them through the food processor . I do not remove the seeds and skin.Onions a few spices meat, and that is that when we eat it. I have found lately that I like to cook the pasta in the sauce. I always have an unsightly watery stuff no mater how I cooked it down. By doing this the pasta absorbs the watery stuff which is quite sweet.

Latest posts