Phaedra's Adventure

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also baked some cookies with peanuts, oatmeal, cranberries, and 85% dark chocolate. DH and DD both asked me not to share with testers. :lol:
View attachment 63818

A quiet rainy day - the kitchen smells like a small heaven, and l love this simple life.
View attachment 63819

i understand their concern. Mom has often made things and given them all away and then later i ask where she hid them and there's none left... it's ok, but when i've been smelling them all day it's kinda unfair dontcha think?

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you @Phaedra !! It worked! The cake part was very obedient this time! It did not collapse. It was relatively easy to roll, unroll and roll again. I'm so excited!

Attachments

• IMG_20240208_102024.jpg
    IMG_20240208_102024.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240208_102012.jpg
    IMG_20240208_102012.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i understand their concern. Mom has often made things and given them all away and then later i ask where she hid them and there's none left... it's ok, but when i've been smelling them all day it's kinda unfair dontcha think?
Next time she bakes, grab some of those goodies right out of the oven, before she has time to give them away to others!

A girl I worked with had a home cake-decorating business. She loved to bake and frequently made cakes for her family as well as for customers. So one night she refrigerated a frosted cake, intending to decorate it later, and the next day discovered that her hubby and kids had made in-roads into the cake, assuming it was intended for "home use!" I guess from then on, she either labelled, or warned her family away from, cakes destined for strangers!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next time she bakes, grab some of those goodies right out of the oven, before she has time to give them away to others!

we've been being good recently but in the next few weeks we'll be doing some baking specifically for me as i want to take cookies to the seed swap to sell.

i'm trying to limit myself to one cookie or less a day.

most of the time there's a bag of cookies that are leftover or imperfect in some way so it may take me a few weeks to get through those.

the hardest thing for me to resist is not the cookies but the cookie dough. while i do like cookies fresh from the oven or eaten later the dough is 100 times more tempting to me. something about brown sugar and butter mixed together and then add other things to it (usually at least some molasses, chocolate chips, sometimes nuts and raisins, etc.) and i'm really excited to be there. :) it's really good if i can avoid being in the kitchen on baking days other than when i need to do the dishes or move the mixer back to it's hiding place.

A girl I worked with had a home cake-decorating business. She loved to bake and frequently made cakes for her family as well as for customers. So one night she refrigerated a frosted cake, intending to decorate it later, and the next day discovered that her hubby and kids had made in-roads into the cake, assuming it was intended for "home use!" I guess from then on, she either labelled, or warned her family away from, cakes destined for strangers!

haha! yes, it is a good idea to tell people if they're not supposed to get into something.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like having fresh hot cookies but for me my go to is cake mix. My granddaughter and I made pumpkin bread and I had to get it in the pans quickly because it tasted so good.

oh yeah, anything goopy...

plus as a good cook it is important to know what the cake or cookie batter is supposed to taste like before you bake it just in case you leave out an important ingredient. :)

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
the hardest thing for me to resist is not the cookies but the cookie dough. while i do like cookies fresh from the oven or eaten later the dough is 100 times more tempting to me. something about brown sugar and butter mixed together and then add other things to it (usually at least some molasses, chocolate chips, sometimes nuts and raisins, etc.) and i'm really excited to be there. :)
For sure! I've never made a cake with the full amount of batter in the pan, nor baked as many cookies as the dough promised to make. I can't resist baked goods in their pre-baked incarnation!

Latest posts