Phaedra's Adventure

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One thing I really enjoy along the way: reduce as much food waste as possible

Yesterday, I processed a salmon trout and a chicken. All the trimmings, fish head, tails, and bones were sent to the grinder and became a kind of paste in two minutes.
View attachment 64133
View attachment 64134
This morning, I steamed the paste and got a decent protein and calcium supplement for dogs, hens, and quails. The steamed "meat loaf" has a loose and fine texture, pretty safe for the animals. Besides, the soup underneath also looks great.
View attachment 64135
I have some leftover carrot and apple (after making juice) in the fridge, so I used them to make some food for two dogs first.
View attachment 64136
View attachment 64137

The rest goodies went to the hens and quails, mostly to the hens. Our cats only eat raw, so they will enjoy some soup as well.
View attachment 64138

View attachment 64139

Bobo and Momo have their gourmet brunch, too. Very safe and nutritious for all of them - it's worthy to collect and do the grinding once per week.
View attachment 64142

View attachment 64141
Every person and animal that lives with or near you gets such healthy, nutritious meals!!!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today's baking: two different kinds of bread rolls

16660.jpg

Chocolate bread rolls - so lovely when they puffed up in the oven
16663.jpg
16657.jpg

Cheese and Sausage Rolls
16656_0.jpg

16659.jpg

16661.jpg

The leftover sausages became octopus :lol:
16662.jpg

When I worked on the bread dough, some thoughts came in my mind.

---------
Lately, my main aim has been to avoid jobs that constantly battle against the ticking clock. Whether it's gardening, cooking, or planning for my little shop, I'm striving for a more harmonious relationship with time.

The struggle against time often presents itself in all sorts of tempting guises. Back when I was younger, I might have been able to justify it with rewards, but as time went on, I came to realize that these were often unequal trades. It's not about regretting missed opportunities; knowing earlier might not have made much of a difference. Sometimes, in life, you have to navigate through certain challenges to unlock the key to the next level.

But once you have that key, it's important not to linger, not even for a moment. This principle applies to both games and life itself.

Humans simply can't compete with the eternal passage of time; it's a futile endeavor. In the face of limited capacity and energy, learning to let go gently becomes a necessary skill. Even the most wonderful people and things will eventually depart in their own ways as time marches on. So, it's essential to learn to let go, trust the process, and bravely embrace the journey ahead, knowing that it opens up the possibility for new encounters and experiences.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay, a funny map first

To ensure DH a more precise understanding about what happens where in the garden, I tried to roughly map some key features with Star Trek universe.

So, today I invested two hours working in Boreth.
(Credit: Memory Alpha - Boreth is an inhabited class M planet or moon in the Boreth system. Located in the Beta Quadrant, it was the site of the Boreth Monastery, dedicated to Kahless the Unforgettable and the most sacred place in the Klingon Empire.)
16679.jpg

First, I cleaned this small area a bit. Due to the continuous rain, mower won't work. It's the show time again for my grass shear. I cut back those long grass and weeds like dandelion, buttercup, sticky weed, and etc, especially on the edge of the flower bed, arc, and tree areas.
16675.jpg

Everything looks a bit sad and blue in February and early March, after a cold and wet winter. However, after checking closely, most of the perennials in this bed are growing nicely. Time to give them a boost.
16676.jpg

I mixed one wheelbarrow compost with palletized fertilizer (from cow manure) and covered the bed. During this process, weeding is also done. I dug out a few foxgloves from Star Base 234 area and 8 hyacinth bulbs (pre-sprouted in the greenhouse) and transplanted them here to fill the gaps.
16677.jpg

Then, whatever I cut earlier was used to make a thin layer of mulch for additional protection. It looked not much better than two hours ago, but I know, it will perform greatly soon.
16678.jpg

The good thing is, now I have a map at hand, and I can give Boreth one cute mark today. 🖖
16680.jpg

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's so sweet and
Okay, a funny map first

To ensure DH a more precise understanding about what happens where in the garden, I tried to roughly map some key features with Star Trek universe.

(Credit: Memory Alpha - Boreth is an inhabited class M planet or moon in the Boreth system. Located in the Beta Quadrant, it was the site of the Boreth Monastery, dedicated to Kahless the Unforgettable and the most sacred place in the Klingon Empire.)
View attachment 64160

First, I cleaned this small area a bit. Due to the continuous rain, mower won't work. It's the show time again for my grass shear. I cut back those long grass and weeds like dandelion, buttercup, sticky weed, and etc, especially on the edge of the flower bed, arc, and tree areas.
View attachment 64161

Everything looks a bit sad and blue in February and early March, after a cold and wet winter. However, after checking closely, most of the perennials in this bed are growing nicely. Time to give them a boost.
View attachment 64162

I mixed one wheelbarrow compost with palletized fertilizer (from cow manure) and covered the bed. During this process, weeding is also done. I dug out a few foxgloves from Star Base 234 area and 8 hyacinth bulbs (pre-sprouted in the greenhouse) and transplanted them here to fill the gaps.
View attachment 64163

Then, whatever I cut earlier was used to make a thin layer of mulch for additional protection. It looked not much better than two hours ago, but I know, it will perform greatly soon.
View attachment 64164

The good thing is, now I have a map at hand, and I can give Boreth one cute mark today. 🖖

Okay, a funny map first

View attachment 64160

View attachment 64161

View attachment 64162

View attachment 64163

View attachment 64164

View attachment 64165
That's sweet. I like the map.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I collected, cleaned up strawberry plants grew from runners and overwintered by themselves, and transplanted the first batch in this small and narrow bed, together with some re-growing scallions.
16693.jpg

Then, I burried 10 tubers from Calla Lilies and put them under the hoop tunnels.
16694.jpg

Latest posts