Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a pic that shows a familiar scene from this time of year....clean canning jars, waiting to hold the harvest.

900x900px-LL-a24cd5dd_100_3426.jpeg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a clump of Gooseneck that's about 10 years old but it hasn't spread at all. It's gotten a little bigger around, but it doesn't seem to have self sown either.

I'll have to wade in there and look more closely. It's in part shade most of the day.

How embarrassing. I DON'T have gooseneck loosestrife....I have Veronicastrum (culvers root). No wonder it looked different. It has a bloom with tiny flowers like Veronica. And it doesn't spread aggressively.
I guess the gooseneck loosestife name was lodged in my memory of it, because that's what I was told it was when I bought it from a very small nursery. It didn't come with a tag....anyway, I somehow forgot the correct name, and hardly even notice it in the background of the bed until it blooms.
The foliage is very similar.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will have to see if the pot tag is still out there. I am very bad about just sticking plants in ground and not recording anything. My memory usually fails at filing that stuff away!

Latest posts