Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, @Smart Red . I don't know that my camera could do it justice really. The petals had a neat shimmer to them in person. I particularly love the ruffled edges on the blooms. It is unusually fancy for any of the gourds I have grown.

@so lucky , I'm not sure yet. They're too big to be birdhouses. The bottoms aren't flat enough to sit nicely either. If I cut it in half, I could have two big bowls to use for decoration or something.

Sorry, I did get busy today and forgot to get a pic for you @Carol Dee . Tomorrow! ;)

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are so many beautiful photos posted here on the POW. It should almost be a requirement that we share copies of them -- so many could stand alone as prints -- for display at our homes.

Here is one of my personal favorites taken from this POW by Carol Dee and graciously gifted to me to enjoy forever:
My new picture..JPG

Son just finished the barn wood frame that matches the fencing in the background. Thank YOU, Carol Dee, so very much!

Last edited:

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is a pic taken earlier in the year when I went to Scotland- a thistle-type flower, I can't remember the name!

Attachments

• IMG_8885.JPG
    IMG_8885.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 174

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky , I'm not sure yet. They're too big to be birdhouses. The bottoms aren't flat enough to sit nicely either. If I cut it in half, I could have two big bowls to use for decoration or something.
If you cut a circle shape out of wood you could have the barrel sit in it for balance. They could be made to be relatively inconspicuous and with three 'feet' would balance anywhere.

I think wood.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is one of my personal favorites taken from this POW by Carol Dee and graciously gifted to me to enjoy forever:View attachment 9291

Son just finished the barn wood frame that matches the fencing in the background. Thank YOU, Carol Dee, so very much!

WOW @Smart Red You are welcome, your frame really displays the photo nicely. I am Happy you are going to enjoy it.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, @Smart Red . I don't know that my camera could do it justice really. The petals had a neat shimmer to them in person. I particularly love the ruffled edges on the blooms. It is unusually fancy for any of the gourds I have grown.

Sorry, I did get busy today and forgot to get a pic for you @Carol Dee . Tomorrow! ;)
o.k. waiting patiently....:caf

Latest posts