April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
60k in onions about to go out
flowers for cut flower market
celeriac
3 kinds of tomatoes
6 kinds of peppers
broccoli (this is my husbands breeding project)
tomatillos
lilies
companion plants
the greenhouse is FULL and everytiong is dying to go out! We are almost there. I just tilled 50 beds yesterday, prob 30 today and 60 tomorrow. The whole farm will be tilled and then we move into direct seeding!!!!!!
YAY

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
April.. Do you mind me asking how long your greenhouse is? I'd love to have something (albeit a bit smaller) in our backyard to have better bug control, keep the chickens out among other things and allow us to grow tomatos, and various other veggies -- even in the winter when it cooler out (since it never really gets that cold here in the the LA area) -- I could even set it up for hydroponics with some sort of solar powered pump to run the water to/fro. Hmm..

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ours are like 50 ft. We have three in a row with only the first one skinned. We are skinning another this summer.

I love my river rock bottom. In the summer the heat just incinerates any weeds. My blog outlines the process. I wish I had used 2x6 boards on teh base for higher sides, but just because of our quackgrass.

brandylorton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
April Manier said:
Ours are like 50 ft. We have three in a row with only the first one skinned. We are skinning another this summer.

I love my river rock bottom. In the summer the heat just incinerates any weeds. My blog outlines the process. I wish I had used 2x6 boards on teh base for higher sides, but just because of our quackgrass.
Very nice information here given regarding the greenhouse reconstruct. Your blog tell search and every details required to build a green house and you have prepared your stuff very well. You are also building another one so keep going on.

Latest posts