Plant Names

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have gotten I do not know, but there is one I have been TRYING to get for a while. Somewhere out there, there is a cultivar of African Violet I've seen a few times (unfortunately most of the examples I have seen so far have been 1. plants and 2. in Germany or Eastern Europe and so 3. out of my reach.) called "Volshebnik Izumrudnogo Goroda" that I have always wanted as a houseplant. Partly it's because of the flower color (it's mostly green with a bluish black edge). But there is also the fact that I want it because I have a soft spot for the story it was named after ("Volshebnik Izumrudnogo Goroda" is basically a Russian translation of "The Wizard of Oz" by a man called Alexander Volkov, who changed the story a bit as well. His version was the standard version of the story in most of the Soviet world for most of it's history, and spawned five sequels (which Volkov made up entirely by himself)
Smart Red, I assume that means you grow the black tomato called Tsigan or Zigan, as I think that is Romany for "Gypsy")

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got Uncle Mark Bagby tomatoes because of the name. My Uncle Mark was an extradonary gardener till the day he died.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My impulse purchases have been visually or financially motivated. The last thing I need is another excuse to buy plants based on name.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, what's her first name Jared? Maybe I will see something out here. ;)

Yeah, NYboy, great minds think alike. Now, it's just a race though the keyboard to see who can post it first! :D

Latest posts