Range wars

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am just getting caught up on several pages of reading on this thread and the other. I am trying not to repeat what has already been said or cleared up.

I asked about a critter cam. He agreed that unless I called with each photo it might be construed as permission because I let the activity continue to go on. And, without the fencing, even a photo would be just B's word against mine as to whether B was on his property or ours.

But on this item--although it would make little difference to the police, I still think I'd get a couple (and put them in an inconspicuous place) so that you can 1) be sure they don't tamper with the survey stakes, and 2) if they actually did physically assault your son or whatever. It's still evidence that can be used in court if things go too far. After this is all over, you can use them to monitor your chicken coop for varmints or something!

Woven wire would be a good type of fencing for you to consider. It wouldn't be sharp like barbed wire, is very strong and will keep the dog out too and it is very quick and easy to install. All you need is T-posts and a post-pounder and you'll have your fence done in a couple of hours tops. There's also a little dohicky that you can use to pull the fence tight with your riding lawnmower or 4-wheeler too. Your son might know where you could borrow one of those, if you want it tight as a drum.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Jared, for finding that. I will look into it.

Journey, that's just the type of wire I am hoping for. We've been here 40 years. We already have the fence installer and a come-along to string it tightly.

According to the law a line fence is paid for equally -- materials and installation -- the 'right half' as seen by one neighbor and the 'right half' as seen by the other. Until today I didn't expect it to be a problem.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This thread has been quite for over a month. Has the dust settled yet? Survey done? Fencing installed? OR are you still Waiting. :(

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am still in waiting mode. Still haven't gotten a signed order from the Court as to the disposition of the case. Sigh.

Never got the chicken coop built. Still on the to do list before the snow flies and both grands have offered to help, but I need to get the materials. To do that I need use of my truck -- the one DS uses for work.

Now that the grands are back in school I may have a few more opportunities to steal my truck while son is building furniture and get it back before he needs it.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
so, can you send the bill for your lost time to the attorney(s)? we know they try to bill you for time they don't actually spend working on your case.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish we all lived closer, we could have an old fashioned "coop raising" at your place and get it done in a day! I've always wanted to live in a community like that...***sigh***

Latest posts