Ready for Christmas?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Perhaps a tripod using 10' dowels . . . I have something of a canopy using such.

Beyond the closets and out from under the beds - there are open windows.

http://youtu.be/V0LC62ENtiI

digitS'
Ha ha! That would be too much like trying to put up bean teepees. But then I'm sure there is a way to fit three dowels together easily without trying to tie them with binder twine while standing on a rickety stool in the mud and end up tying your hand to the poles. :hide

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So Lucky,

You wouldn't have to drive the poles thru the floor . .

. before tying them.

Steve :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
But if you did put the dowels in the floor, predrilling the holes first would make it a bit easier. If done right, only predrill halfway through the thickness of the floor to save letting a cold draft in. Also, it makes things easier to remove and change later. Duct tape holds them together at the top pretty well.

I once saw a fancy bed with the lacey curtains around it as a self enclosed unit.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think my son would appreciate me drilling holes in his floor to assemble a tent for the kids. Even as easy-going as he is, lol.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:weee

I lived in a house with plaster walls in twin bridges montana for 7 years and there was just no doing anything to them, in fact i had to do a masonite repair where decades earlier someone ran a nail through it. Crack just kept growing. So I developed a sense of humor about alternative ideas in a plaster walled house...

:rainbow-sun

Latest posts