digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
7949_greenhouse_and_bj.jpg

:) digitS'

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve. I think the musing was more retorical. I'll have to stick the thermometer in and keep an eye out for high/low temps for a few days. This weather is pretty close to our winter weather already.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice greenhouse. That's about what I'd use for mid-spring on to start seedlings or late fall to extend the growing season, but never expect it to keep things going during the winter.

What I'm talking about is a 4-shelf zip-up-plastic mini-unit INSIDE my already at least 40 degrees sun room. With the lights added, the mini-unit should stay quite a bit warmer.

I'm hoping....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I should have known, Steve. I thought I recognized the hands.
And I thought your greenhouse was a sort of lean to on the side of a long skinny building. That wouldn't exclude you having another greenhouse though.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is something surprising under the low tunnel in the greenhouse. And yes, that is an onion seedling beside it :):
DSC01106.JPG

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
WAS in the low tunnel or IS STILL in the low tunnel. Having a squash or cuke growing after this cold is outstanding and a credit to your skills.

Can't see the onion seedling, but some of the seedlings look to be in the cole family.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tap the picture a couple of times, @Smart Red . You will see that it is a bean volunteer ;).

Yes, the bean and 2 of his brother beans were there 3 hours ago, when I took the picture. It's been 26° in the greenhouse, maybe colder. The one time I checked at that temperature ... under the low tunnel it was 38°.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The low tunnels in the greenhouse, @Smiles Jr. ?

It's kind of dim and dreary in there most of the winter. They look like the ones I set up on the lawn, come spring! (Without the green grass, bright sunshine and tomato plants ;).)

Steve

Latest posts