Red's world in pics

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful! Thanks for the photos. Is it just me or is this the slowest January ever? So nice to see the warm weather.

You know, I was just thinking that too...until I realized that there's only one day of January left...and now I gotta get busy on all the tree pruning and dormant oil. Then I started to panic. :p

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful! Thanks for the photos. Is it just me or is this the slowest January ever? So nice to see the warm weather.

Thank you for the kind words. I am so blessed to have my DH. He is the reason, the cause, and the result of all that I share with you. My projects' begin with, "As soon as DH does --". He does all the really hard work. My strength is patience and persistence. Patience to start with the tiniest of plants and persistence to keep up with the tending however slow I might be.

We are opposites as well. He is structured, I am more free spirit; he makes plans, I start before planning; he follows the rules, I break them experimenting with the impossible. Nevertheless, we do work well together. Given a crossword puzzle, he and I could go to separate corners and when we came together the puzzle would be finished. He knows all the things I don't and I know all the things he's never heard of. Guess I just love the guy!

It does seem to be a long, slow January. Not the slowest ever, but that's only because I have my CLOUDBERRY seeds to plant and care for. It is certainly true that warm weather can't come soon enough (as long as it stays once it comes)

The winter of 2012 was bringing 80's in February, but a hard freeze after the trees started flowering out. While I loved that year's warm winter, I'd rather keep closer to a Wisconsin spring that is more normal.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keep trying
daylily panarama.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think it's still too cold for dormant oil!

I've got Feb. 24th on my ext. service garden calendar for here. But either way, I gotta start thinking about it now or I'll blink and I will be too late. :p

Ooh, Cat, your lily beds are breathtaking! I bet your yard smells like heaven when everything is in bloom.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Breath taking! That is an amazing garden! Wish it were mine!

I love that trumpet vine. Never got mine to do much more than invade where it was not wanted. Flowers were few and far between. Those are oustanding.

What a restful visual delight. I love daylilies, but hydrangea are a new obsession for me. There are so many new varieties out there that I NEED.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Red your pics as well as Cats are inspiring. I should post pics of our placed once the snow melts it's just grass literally all around me.

Latest posts