Room With a View

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This time of year I spend a lot of time inside. During the day I like to keep curtains open for light. One of my favorite views is from my livingroom window. It looks out across the rode to a pond, flock of white ducks, and a 2 story antique hay barn. What is your favorite view from inside your house?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish I had such a lovely view from my house. To get the same effect, I would have to take the cardboard tube from the paper towels to constrict my view so as not to muddle the picture with peripherals. I live one block off a very busy highway that goes through town and there is a tire store between me and the highway. Strike one, strike two. Beside me is an empty house that we mow the front yard so our house doesn't look bad, on the other side is a semi-kept house where an elderly lady lives. Escaping to the back yard, there are very close neighbors because the back yard is small, so no breathtaking vista there either. Strike three. Back to the cardboard tube...............

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, got the cardboard tube.........getting a close up view of a clump of snow left from yesterday, a muddy dog paw print, extreme close up of a chicken, a finch getting a drink from the dog water, carrot tops matted with ice, lawn grass that has seen better days, clear blue sky, Oh NO!--the highway--move the tube!!! :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the sun's view of me, Nyboy!

No, I've got rooftops and lots of trees to look out at. If it wasn't so dang foggy, I've got mountains. I need a fairly clear day but there is one about 3,000ft higher. It is snowcovered but I haven't seen it in quite awhile.

One of my nicest views is a fairly narrow shot between houses & trees of a low forested hill with a few houses on it. Since the houses are there I can see the lights at night, along with how the hill is framed against the stars. I hope those trees stay up there.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh how I envy your view. View to the east. the back of a run own tavern. Sits about 12 feet from our house. View to the south. The vacant lot that belongs to Tavern owner and he is using to park camper, unused cars, etc... That being our back yard we have put up a Tall privacy fence. Helps to obscure the view but cuts any summer breeze. I do have the yard planted around the fence with perrennials, a work in progress. But is also is the dogs yard. YUCK. To the east. The drive way and back alley with neighbors garages and junky yards. To the north. The city community building and green space. This I guess would be the best view But have to stand at front door to look at it. Oh Well.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have a 'bad' view here unless you want to look straight down at the weeds in the lawn. North, South, East, West, and all the directions in between are beautiful at one time of year or another. Can't see a neighbor. Can see one shed and one barn -- both vintage quality -- but trees hide the rest of the nearest neighbor's house, buildings, and outdoor activity areas. On winter nights, I can see the lights of neighbors a mile away to the south, but only because their barn lights are up high.

My fave view is to the south. The shady garden (now sleeping), the woods behind that rolling down to the gully and up past the gully over the hill in the snow blown alfalfa field and back down to the "tiny" trees lining the south edge of our property. That's sort of where I aim to get my sunrise pictures.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds very peaceful, Nyboy. :) My neighbors have a nice old barn I love to look at. It's right by the property line and ends up in a lot of my garden pictures. (Wish it was mine...ha.)

My favorite view is right here from where I sit while on the computer. I have big sliding glass doors there, and when they are not totally covered in sticky hand prints, it makes for a very nice view. I have neighbors around on most sides, although not too close, but from this one window I can look out over most of my own property and down into the woods over the hill and not see any other houses.

I've been really enjoying watching my birds from this spot today too! I hung several feeders from the back porch and they come up very close where we can really get a good look at them. I had a new bird visit today...an Eastern Towhee. With this very cold week of weather we've had, they must be desperate for food, because they are usually rather reclusive. And we've seen several other birds that hadn't made their appearance yet until now. Poor little things must be very hungry.

In the spring, I love to watch the changing colors of all the deciduous trees budding on the hill across the way. And in the fall they put on a very nice show of reds and golds. I have a good view of my garden from here and also my bee boxes down over the hill.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This time of year... the view out my window... :gig
I try to see the beauty of snow, I really do. Maybe if it wasn't SO white .. and cold... :D
I even leave my perennials, for Winter interest as they say, ... brown sticks with brown balls, protruding from mounds of snow... again, the beauty somehow escapes me. :rolleyes:

But I am fortunate to have the view of a pond also, Nyboy, from my kitchen and livingroom. Definitely my favorite view for the other three seasons. It's a four acre wildlife pond surrounded by cattails, swamp willows and birch. We get Canadian geese, many types of ducks, egrets, herons, and bald eagles.

This time of year the pond is a great big block of ice ... with snow on it... :D

But there is just something about those old barns...:love

Last edited:

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ice skating pond?

That was a nice view when the kids were young, and I was younger... :/
We plowed off part of the pond and hung flood lights in a tree so we could skate into the evening. A great activity for my daycare kids, also. It will be fun when the grandkids get a little older!

Latest posts