Rudy, the survivor

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those videos need music to go with them. I'm thinking something Disco, or maybe a nice, slow Polka. LOL

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ok, that's to funny!.. that last coat looks like it will work. do you think he will get use to it and calm down? it actually looks like it fits pretty well. and you might tell him Tulsa weather says it's gonna be really cold for the next few days. could you use a baby or toddler shirt turned upside down with his legs in the arm holes, his bum out the neck and put elastic thru the hem and draw that up around his neck? you'd have to cut wing holes i think but that might be something to try. we don't want him to get frost bite.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would think red anything on him would make the other chickens run after him. Maybe he needs some green camo :idunno

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He lives w/ the bunnies and his main squeeze, a showgirl hen. The main roo tried to kill him a few weeks ago. He really likes his new home, gets along well w/ the rabbits, they like him too, a couple usually sleep in the coop w/ him and Bella, and they come for treat calls, even though they don't have the same idea of a "treat" and they duck for cover when he gives the run for your life call.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh and he does have a camo outfit, but needs a coat for this weather, and the one I found was red. I would have preferred a brown, something more easily hidden not so "HERE I AM COME GET ME' to preditors.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have some "unique" grow out rabbits. Rudy and Bella live w/ them, it is working out so nicely, I think this will be how I house all my naked chickens in the future. Now when I would dump a bucket of greens into the pen when the rabbits thought they were rabbits they would circle the pile and eat their way into the greens, like normal well adjusted rabbits, right. Well what do they do now w/ Rudy and Bella's influence????? Pile into the center and paw and scatter then eat!!

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Kassaundra, how is rudy doing in the colder weather. i actually worried about him when it was in the teens. hope his girlfriend and the bunnys are keeping him warm.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have made him clothes and a coat, and the bunnies and Bella sleep all snuggly in the small coop at night. The coop has stayed about 40-50 even on the nights that were in the teens. We have a kennel set up in the garage just in case for a back up plan, but so far so good w/ him outside.

Latest posts