Show off your Pot...

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Where do you get your grow light systems?

I bought the racks at Sam's club (geesh, they've gone up a bit)

Seville shelving

The racks come in two sections, so each one makes 2 - three shelf racks, I bought an extra set of wheels for the second rack. Worth the money I think, because of their weight capacity you can use them to store just about anything, and adjustable shelves to 1". They also come with plastic shelf inlays... overwatering hits your feet, not your lights below. :D

Lights are just 4' shop lights an chains and I attach an electrical bar to the shelf, so I don't kill myself with all the dangling cords.

The top PVC contraption is my creation to hang lights over the top shelf. There's about a 3" piece of PVC that goes into the shelf pipe, with a connector. 1/2" PVC, no glue, just beat them together. :) They just lift off for storage.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They really work perfectly for seed flats. You have to order the extra wheels (if you want them)from the company but they are reasonable... 3" wheels, set of four for $10... Seville

Watch for the shop lights to go on sale.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread! I bought an old wheelbarrow at a yard sale for $15 last week. It had some cracks in bottom but I had DH add a few more holes. It held a 2 cubic ft. bag of potting soil. I added Black, yellow and lime green plants.
027.JPG

three sweet potato vines, I coleus, two petunias and a creeping jenny. I hope I did not overcrowd it. I know it will look full when they get some mature size. How did I do @thistlebloom

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You done good Carol Dee! That's a great combination of plants, they are going to be so showy when it fills in. I love the celery green SPV and CJ, they'll look amazing tumbling over the edge.

I had to laugh (at myself) when you said you hoped you hadn't over planted it.
I'm an incorrigible plant crammer. I would have doubled the plants in there easily. :oops:
I might be rehabilitating myself though.When I did my clients containers this year I showed some restraint, but I still get a twitch when I walk by them. Not used to seeing soil!