Show off your Pot...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful pot you have, Carol Dee. I have an old white wash pan that I plan to use for a planter. Photo when I'm done.

Now that the plants have filled in and bloomed, here's my pot tower.
flower pot.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That would look simply gorgeous with some blue lobelia spilling out all over the edges! I love that old boiler! Serious antique envy goin' on here, Carol Dee.... :drool
O K @Beekissed What would you put with the blue lobelia? Maybe I could do something Red, white and blue in that boiler. It is BIG , it held a full 2 Cubic foot bag of potting soil!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
White Diamond euphorbia would look good with lobelia. That's a cool boiler. I have one in the house that we keep the fire wood in by the stove.

One trick for using a lot less soil in big pots when you're planting annuals is to put capped 2 liter soda bottles or a milk jug or two in the bottom before you fill with soil.
I also use overturned nursery pots. Makes the container lighter also if you need to move it.

Another thing is that lots of coleus can take full sun these days.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, sometimes I love to do a nice pot which has a ton of character on its own with just one type of flower so that the eye isn't too busy to notice the pot. The first thing I could envision when I saw that bronzey looking broiler is the bright, cool blue of the lobelia against that darker, warmer foil.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed I would agree but like a back up plant in there. I have never had much lucky with lobelia! o_O (I know crazy.) Still undecided on all coleus or a R-W-B combo.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
The very best year I had with lobelia was due to the new porch kitten peeing in the pot. :gig That was the prettiest lobelia I've ever grown!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've got a few I can loan ya..... :D They were immediately attracted to my porch pot when I placed it the other day, but there's really no space for their peeing....I think they just wanted to play in it.

But, being sans kitty, you could use some of your own....it's a great fertilizer and really makes the colors of flowers pop. ;)

Latest posts