Signed Papers On House Today!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now I feel like I have liquid bones. Such a big sigh of relief, got it done, letting go of all the stress and emotional roller coaster, now have to take a day or two to get myself back together and re-focus on what comes next. I put in a call to the contractor, will get that going ASAP.

@ninnymary and @canesisters it is best to send blackberry and hostas to my present address right now. I will be gone most of the week, getting things done at the new house, but DH will be here. He wants to work to the end of the year, probably his not-so-transparent way of getting out of all the clean up, clear out, floor ripping, painting, floor laying things that is not his area of expertise anyway. :lol: And that is fine with me, I love him just the way he is. There will be plenty of opportunity for him to get his hands dirty. Once we get moved, I will look for a job and I really want him to slow down and if not retire, at least work part time. :thumbsup

@Carol Dee I think I'll keep that big mirror, and just take a shower. :lol: Then the mirror won't "see" me. After we've been there for awhile and I have a brand new sculpted hard work body instead of this squishy sculpter's nightmare, I just might take a bath-without the clothes on! :gig

Sam BigDeer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bay, I am really GLAD for you & your DH to finally have a home with acreage enough for as much gardening as you care to attempt; now your limitations are health, energy, and ambition.. You must be careful that your ambition does not seriously over-tax the health and energy..
Sam

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I think I'll keep that big mirror, and just take a shower. :lol: Then the mirror won't "see" me. After we've been there for awhile and I have a brand new sculpted hard work body instead of this squishy sculpter's nightmare, I just might take a bath-without the clothes on! :gig

:yuckyuck

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are living our dreams vicariously through you, Bay. (Now, in MY dream, the general contractor you hire is REALLY HOT!) :ep
Have never met him, just talked on the phone.......now I am wondering if he is really hot or just sorta lukewarm....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, I am really GLAD for you & your DH to finally have a home with acreage enough for as much gardening as you care to attempt; now your limitations are health, energy, and ambition.. You must be careful that your ambition does not seriously over-tax the health and energy..
Sam
Sam, I generally bite off more than I can chew. You'd think by now I would've learned..... I have made a list of things to do in the best order. I can always change it, add or take away. But I have my goals set, they too can change, but the main thing is to not overload myself and get discouraged.

Think smarter. for instance, the whole place needs to be fenced. I have 3 horses and a mule to be moved. Since we are going to fence the garden to keep them OUT, we'll fence it first. It is a smaller area than the whole place. I can put them in there for the winter with round bales of hay, tub of water and rig up some sort of temp shelter. They can spread hay, poop all over the place and stomp the weeds down. I'll be looking for Jiggs Bermuda hay as it does not seed, but must be planted by sprigs. That way, I won't be "planting" Bermuda in my garden. In the spring, I can till it all in and get ready to plant. In the meantime, I might have to fence a little at a time, the fence line is all overgrown and needs a lot of cleanup, but I will get a bigger area for them.

There is poison oak all over the place, so might get a few goats and make a small portable pen of cow panels and let them eat it down. They make great brush cleaner-uppers!

Latest posts