Smart? Not so much, yet.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS just stopped over and gave me a real "live" SMART PHONE of my very own! I am now among the turned-on, linked-in, in-touch crowd.

Of course, I will need the assistance of a grandchild or two to get to the point of being able to make a call, list my call numbers, and assorted other feats, but I am woman and I can learn.

I know you will all be waiting on the edge of your seats for my first smart phone post. . . soon, I hope.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing can make feel as dumb as a "smart" phone. I have an Android that is 5-6 years old and the updates are not even compatible with it anymore. I keep threatening to get a new one, but still keep on using this ancient not-so-smart-phone. At least it kept me connected to TEG for the 7 months I didn't have internet.

I just love the navigation app! Our daughter can scan a bar code of a product with her I-Phone and it will tell her if another store has it and how much it is. Coupons are not cut out of the paper anymore. When shopping, she checks for coupons on her phone, the clerk scans her "coupon" and she gets the discount or whatever. I really need that new I-Phone........

Red, you will get it all figured out. What phone did you get? I-Phone? Android? Your grand kids can show you how to operate it and you will be a phone whiz in no time. :thumbsup

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:gig We have one for emergency calls while traveling..it's a heavy duty flip phone, nothing smart about it except it makes and receives calls and has GPS if you want to pay extra.

No plans here of getting "smarter" nor carrying one full time. I detest cell phones and what they've done to people out there, but one thing they most certainly have NOT done and that's make them any smarter. Just the opposite, in fact.

Red, get ready to drop your title and be simply "Red" when you get it up and running and you spend hours trying to crush pieces of candy.....

:gig

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just use the house phone.

Steve
image2.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My good friend drank the Apple koolaid and has been trying to convince me to get an iPhone for years. When she visited this summer she showed me all the amazing photos she took with hers. She has a lot of skill as a photographer, but even so the shots she got were very, very good.

But for $700 I can buy a fantastic (for me) camera. And another thing is the danged data plan that comes with the upgraded phone. I pay more than I want to now for my vintage slider.

Kid#1 worked with me yesterday and I needed him to text someone for me.
He was muttering things like "where the heck...." and "what's this thing..."
He's obviously had a smart phone too long.
But in his defense, he doesn't play games on it, nor is his face glued to it all the time.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We looked at the 6 plus this summer but I refuse to pay full price and that much for a phone. I just hate the small screens that phones have but I like the size of that one. My daughter says the apple phone is the best for me because it's the easiest to use. She also said they should go down to half price when the new phones come out. Well the new 6S is out but I haven't gone back to check the prices on the old 6 plus. Will try to do it over the holidays. But if they've gone down by half I will probably get one. All my phones have been hand me down from my kids. The one I have now only works on speaker phone. Well I don't like that everyone and their mother can hear my conversations! And the screen is too small! You can't even read emails.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, you are teachers?

Where is your sense of adventure? Was learning entirely by rote? Creativity, critical thinking, independent research ...

Aren't you curious about what you might flush out, beating the brush?

Steve ;)

Latest posts