Smart? Not so much, yet.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy S 5 I got last year is big and takes great pics, but it is actually bigger than I want. Doesn't fit in a jeans pocket very well. Consequently, I don't carry my phone around with me all the time. I don't miss it much.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky, that's what I hear from my kids, that it doesn't fit in your jean pocket. Well guess what, my phone is never in my pocket. It is always in my purse. So I don't have to worry about the size.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:gig
Red, get ready to drop your title and be simply "Red" when you get it up and running and you spend hours trying to crush pieces of candy.....

:gig
Like that's ever going to happen! You will NEVER find me playing games on a phone. They are for phone calls, for goodness sake. I was perfectly happy with my 7 year-ish old flip phone, but it took on lamp oil and quit working.

Between part-time responsibility for picking up the Grands with an ever changing school activity schedule, being tied to the house phone when trying to work through rental problems with the furnace guy and the appliance delivery, and now full-time caregiver for someone who "just wants to get out of the house" several times a day, I really need a way to keep in touch -- or be touchable -- that's more convenient then sitting at home next to the phone.

Once I learn how to use the phone I'll be happy. The rest of the stuff? Not so much.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
As I said, I can learn! And I fully intend to master my new phone. However much I learn about the phone, it will always be merely a communication tool for me and I've always disliked using phones so I'll never be controlled by something necessary and useful, but distasteful in the end.

I believe the phone was $.01 with an extension of DS's phone contract. I fully expect DS and his wife to use most of "my" minutes and data while I expend more effort than I'd like just trying to keep the dratted thing charged. The reception here is POOPIE and a charge lasts something like 6 hours so it is something I forget about unless I'm out on the road.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, you will like your phone. I never play games on mine, what a waste of time! I take pictures, text, talk and can email, but I use my computer mostly for that. I can also get online but still prefer my computer. I keep my phone on me all the time, as I am outside most of the time and we don't even have a house phone.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red you need to check your settings something is wrong your phone should hold charge longer. I have found under 30 people sometime willn't even answer a call only TX. Also same as Bay I no longer have house phone.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, it sounds like your phone is constantly searching for service.
Once your battery has a charge you could turn it off while you're home, and just turn it on when you leave home.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Games?

Only solitaire with old Saul ...

Sometimes cribbage and scrabble, across hundreds of miles with DS ...

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, constantly searching for service. Usually zero or one bar in and around the house. Son uses it to text me. I use it to text for him to call me on the house phone.

Right now it is plugged it to the charger. I also have a car charger so there's no reason for not being able to receive texts. Calls are a lot more iffy unless I'm in town.

My phone is part of son and DIL's phone contract. Since DIL uses up all her data quickly, my having a phone will actually give them more data. I hardly expect to use much of it.

I did learn to delete messages. All by myself I figured it out. I am so proud!

Of course, I'm still having problems making phone calls on the blasted thing. The ones that do go through are usually mistakes and the ones I'm trying to make won't work.

Latest posts