smoking a green ham

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So happy you got your bonus. But that was sneaky, you not telling her about it right from the beginning. That's the sort of thing my husband likes to do and I don't like it!

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was a sweet thing to do, but I would have considered a Christmas bonus a check we both would decide how it should be used. Just a thing with me. Like Mary, I would have preferred learning in a different way.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was a sweet thing to do, but I would have considered a Christmas bonus a check we both would decide how it should be used. Just a thing with me. Like Mary, I would have preferred learning in a different way.
The owner does not have to do it, and a couple times there was not one. So I as tell newer employees don't count on it.... Yes I had plan spend some filling the freezer and shelves, buy next years seeds the rest is squirreled away....

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ya'll don't forget to tip our garbage man for Christmas. They are the most underappreciated workers there are. I used to put $10 in a Christmas card (3) and wait for the truck. They were always thrilled that someone thought of them.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ya'll don't forget to tip our garbage man for Christmas. They are the most underappreciated workers there are. I used to put $10 in a Christmas card (3) and wait for the truck. They were always thrilled that someone thought of them.
Heck if I'm getting up as early as they stop here!!!

THANX RICH

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
First thought that went through my mind was "Well that redefines pass the ham.....now it puff puff pass the ham"

Since we bought our current house we always give some homemade canned jams to our the mail carrier, the garbage guys, and the school bus driver. We're not in a position to give away $ however we still want them to know they are appreciated.

Latest posts