Start of 2015 Seedling Planting!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Darn these seedlings!
It's like I'm a chemist trying to get the right mix!

Restarting my lettuce in the jiffy 72 cell greenhouse. Going to place them on the floor in the kitchen once they emerge. Hoping the cooler temps will help them stay low and not leggy! Getting a new bulb tomorrow. I'd buy online, but glass + shipping = :hit:he lol

I might buy some 2ft hoods, do they make 3ft? And use them in the mini greenhouse I got from TSC, but with the cover off and in the cooler kitchen.

Everything has been sprouting well, almost no dead seeds! And with the restarts and trying to salvage the leggy lettuce, I'll be full here real quick and run out of lights! =0 No good!

Wish it was warmer so I could toss the Koi into the pond, sell the aquatic plants and use the two lights on one of the tanks!
...May actually steal a light from both....It's winter, how much light do they really need.....hmm

I'm starting to feel like a crazy mad plant scientist!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohh, those look neat! Might have to get one of those mini hand makers.
I'm using the jiffy tablets the first time. They seem really nice.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Noooo!! Growing too fast!
Added a light for the night. Have to repot!
I can see they still think they are 'underground' and have root hairs!
I'll repot them all tomorrow up to the leaves and light them in the kitchen.
let1.jpg
let3.jpg
let2.jpg

I think I need to light them the 2nd day after I've placed the seeds!! Wow do they get going fast!
I think if I did that with them all, find the # of days for my seeds to emerge, then light them once the first shows, maybe then I won't have leggy issues...

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea, but now they will be leggy lettuce! I don't want that!

Latest posts