Start of 2015 Seedling Planting!

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
It flops over and doesn't grow as well if it's leggy. That's the issue.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
150 gallons to fill, had to thaw the hose in the house, then stand holding the hoses while the troughs sloooly filled in 20F temps and windy...took forever!
View attachment 5859

Dog is living in her coat because the power is out, she's not pleased.
View attachment 5860

And here's one greenhouse up. Pots were just in there to see how many fit of that size, 48 6x6" pots.
View attachment 5861
I can't even begin to tell you how much the X-hose pro has saved me in time in trouble. And, no, I do not sell them. Hauling heavy hoses was getting the best of me. We now have hydrants all over the property which are fantastic in the cold. I use an x-hose to get the water into the barn. No more carrying heavy buckets or dragging heavy hoses. Just put the hose in a bucket and bring it into the house for next time.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't even begin to tell you how much the X-hose pro has saved me in time in trouble. And, no, I do not sell them. Hauling heavy hoses was getting the best of me. We now have hydrants all over the property which are fantastic in the cold. I use an x-hose to get the water into the barn. No more carrying heavy buckets or dragging heavy hoses. Just put the hose in a bucket and bring it into the house for next time.

Oh golly! You just reminded me that I didn't drain my hose after filling the trough yesterday! :(

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh golly! You just reminded me that I didn't drain my hose after filling the trough yesterday! :(
And I didn't shut off the water inside after the geothermal guy was done using it outside. Be right back. I'll have to drain it, too, since I'm not going outside to open the spigot.
Done! Thanks for the reminder. I would hate for the faucet to freeze up now that normal weather is forecast to return tomorrow and sub-zero temperatures by next week.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had sooo many frozen and burst pipes last year...If they were CPVC, I could of fixed them, but no, they were all copper and we don't have the right tools to fix that. Also, I think there's a squirrel or rat living in the wellhouse. I keep finding evidence, but can't catch it and fail to keep it out...

I usually forget to turn water off during summer. Don't know why winter is different, but I never forget to turn it off while freezing my bum off.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Random!

I LOVE the smell of seedlings when you brush them! So neat that they smell like the fruit they will be growing! :D

I was sniffing the lettuce yesterday...lol

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ate a little leaf of the mini lettuce, had a bitter taste to it near the end.
=\