The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I had more of the green beans today, cooked with onions and new potatoes the way my mama used to. They were especially yummy. I picked my first ripe grape tomatoes and just ate them in the garden.

Does anyone here know the book First Tomato by Rosemary Wells? It is one of my favorites.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I put sugar snap peas, some brandywine tomatoes, green peppers, onions and corn into a pouch made from tin foil. I added oil, garlic powder, and balsamic vinegar and put it on the grill with some italian sausages!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm :p

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sounds Yummy Vfem :p :)

We had another dinner with the Chard with hot bacon dressing and Terayuki marinated grilled chicken... It was good :D :p

We ate outside ate the picnic table with candle lite ;) very nice.
good way to finish the weekend.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.. :throw

:happy_flower Karan :D

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I gave some chive blossum vinegar and 1/2 dozen of eggs to a good friend this weekend. He made deviled eggs and we ate his nasturtium flowers in a salad with my itallian lettuces.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh Yes :D We loved it :love I told DH that that right then was my favorite part of the whole day.

Boy he would love to be having dinner with you all having Escarole he loves it. I don't fix em :tongue I don't care for them and we haven't been anywhere that serve them.

Yeah we Live the Good Life Simple :thumbsup

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
awww give escarole another chance! I did not like it years ago and grew to love it ..now it is my favorite green I grow the one that is dark green to a creamy white in the middle it is a lot like a wonderful lettuce with a bite instead of the sharp bitter endive (same thing I guess escarole and endive but I always think of the big leafy green one used in Italian soups that is what I grow)

if you lived closer I could give you some babies I have tons of plants and find the second year (this year) they were even better than the first ..I thought when I left them they would die but they came back stong and full heads ...usually by now they finish but are still growing strong and not a bit of bolting ..my broccoli rabe has bolted however ...I keep cutting it back but it insists on bolting

my husband just informed me we have enough strawberries for dessert tonight

I made an upside down strawberry shortcake to die for ..but am now on a strict diet! wow a few cakes here and there and all of a sudden 10lbs comes out of nowhere ..go figure huh?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hello there :frow

I made this last night & had it with a delicious salad of various crunchy salad leaves from the bowls I had planted up. The eggs were mine too. :lol: Unfortunately the tomatoes were not -- I only have flowers on them at the moment but I had all the herbs. The meal was wonderful. :ya Yes I'm bouncing with health from all those veggies & eggies..........!! :lol: :gig

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/greenherbfrittataswi_70350.shtml

:rose Hattie :rose

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
awww give escarole another chance! I did not like it years ago and grew to love it ..now it is my favorite green I grow the one that is dark green to a creamy white in the middle it is a lot like a wonderful lettuce with a bite instead of the sharp bitter endive (same thing I guess escarole and endive but I always think of the big leafy green one used in Italian soups that is what I grow)

if you lived closer I could give you some babies I have tons of plants and find the second year (this year) they were even better than the first ..I thought when I left them they would die but they came back stong and full heads ...usually by now they finish but are still growing strong and not a bit of bolting ..my broccoli rabe has bolted however ...I keep cutting it back but it insists on bolting

my husband just informed me we have enough strawberries for dessert tonight

I made an upside down strawberry shortcake to die for ..but am now on a strict diet! wow a few cakes here and there and all of a sudden 10lbs comes out of nowhere ..go figure huh?
:lol: :gig :gig :lol: The laugh is on me :gig :gig When you said escarole I thought you were talking of the garlic and butter sauted snails :sick :gig :lol: :lol: :gig :th I never gave the veggie a thought :idunno :rolleyes: :gig No it's like the chard I had never tried it yet. And now DH and I both love the chard it will be a regular with us now. I shall give escarole a try , can you grow as a cool weather crop? Like this fall?

Strawberry cake oh my :p yum

Latest posts