The Chance to Smell a Horse

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well now yall have gone and done it.
I'm sitting here cackeling at this thread and a voice comes from other room "Debbie, get off that chicken chat and get back to work!"
"I'm not on the chicken chat, I'm on the gardening chat"
"I WILL call IT and have that stuff blocked...."

:-(
Gotta get back to work...
(he doesn't know about the cow chat...)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I laughed at your joke, but I like good humor.
Horses smell very sweet. The best and perhaps safest place to smell a horse is to bury your nose in their neck and breathe in, but ONLY if you are NOT allergic!!
Even the gunk (beans) that I clean out from my gelding's sheaths smells sweet, but looks and feels greasy and disgusting. Also, give horse manure a few days to dry in the sun and it doesn't smell bad, either. It's their diet, and the fact that horses need a very high fiber diet, and they are the very best re-seeder of any domestic animal. My horses seeded my ~3 acre north pasture. When I moved to my place the north pasture had been a corn field and I was feeding exclusively hay. The horses seeded the pasture, and it is still mostly grass, the same as in the grass hay that I had been feeding. It dripped seeds, so no big surprise.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you when I clean my gelding's sheath it does not smell sweet. He hates the process and lays his ears back, raises his hind leg threatening to kick my fool head off. That's about as bad as he ever gets, he is so gentle and sweet. But he would rather skip the whole thing. LOL

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
For those of you who thought this might just be a promenade down the boulevard, .

.. it would have been impossible for me to imagine .

. . the several directions this thread has taken.

Steve

Latest posts