To My TEG friends

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I learned to love okra in the gumbo. Then, it was fried okra. Now I make a dish with okra, tomatoes, and sausage. The tomatoes, as an acid, cuts the slimy stuff. I refuse to eat slimy okra. blech :sick

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
No need to apologize for getting upset. I think you where insulted and acted accordingly! (I missed that thread and would probably have done likewise!) :D Besiedes it is good to get things off ones chest now and then. ;)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
baymule said:
Hmmm........I must confess.......I....uh......um.......like wine too. Yes, (hangs head unabashedly) I am a victim of the wine cartel! But I have further confessions...........my wine comes in a box. Yup, true redneck confessions here. All my taste in fine wines is in my mouth. :lol: Or does admitting to liking boxed wines mean I have no taste? :gig
Well ... for a real redneck taste of champagne ... get a glass from a box of vin rose then add a can of gingerale and wala among some of the finest champagne to enjoy. :plbb

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent recipe BobM!

I wish I'da thought of that when I was tending bar in Montana!

1) unscrew the lid on the wine, about 7 ounces. it kinda looks like some kind of white wine!
2) pour it into a 16 ounce tall beer mug, just over half full
3) fill mug to brim with canada dry gingerale

make sure ya do it on sink so they don't see the operation unless they lean way over.
have 7 year old bottle of fancy champagne that's been empty since who knows when at the ready to flash around. even try to pronounce the name...buxte...something french or german ya guys!!! sheeshn i caynt say it!
set their "champagne" on bar right next to their can of bud
tell them only 5 bucks. hunting season price!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Remember Sanford and Son? Fred Sanford did that with Ripple wine and called it champipple.

fair weather chicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
sorry but i don't like okra, only people from the great state of okrahoma . to me it's like snot. sorry!!!!!!! :hide

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Noooooooo!!!! I was just starting to fit in!! I guess I'll hang up my garden hat.... I don't like okra either.... ;)

(Tho I do LOOOOOVE me some scuppernog wine!!! :D)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jarred77 I'll stand to your back, I think okra is way to slimey to eat!!!!! Even my chickens won't eat it, but most of them are from Ohio (meyers hatchery) :lol:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Forgive yourself. I have been insulted a bit here and try to wait until I reply. I did write a few peeved replies when I found out teachers are to blame for the countries woes.

Latest posts