Today's sun set/rise around the world

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Keep forgetting to post this... from a few days ago...

tag 052.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a cheery surprise Sunday morning when I got to the living room -- it was all lit up! This room has only a north-facing window and a wall of brick. It seldom looks bright even with the lights turned on.

There are about 8-10 days each year when the sun is high enough and reaches into my living room -- and with a week of rain, I hadn't seen the sun touch the room yet this year. With another week of rain predicted, Sunday may just be the only bright day in my house for 2014.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You just need to move that house 5 more degrees of latitude north, @Smart Red .

My north rooms have east and west windows, as well as the northern exposure. For about an hour and for a good month it is almost blinding in those rooms at sunrise and set!

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS, we are situated with the front of the house pretty much due north. The garage steals my morning sunshine, although there are a few rays that make it through both the garage window and the small window in my kitchen door, but that is when the sun is lower in the sky.

To make it even harder -- as if living in the woods isn't hard enough -- we built the house with a two-foot overhang. That keeps the summer sun from heating up the house, but allows the winter sun in. Good thinking from a financial viewpoint, but I miss sunshine lighting up the house. Almost the only sun I get inside the house is from the west, because the garden, the field, and lots of windows are on that side (all bedroom windows).

Don't get me started on the bathrooms!

Still, I'm not complaining so much as celebrating my short visit from the sun. I don't get much sun inside, but I have all the room outside I need to play in the it.