Today's sun set/rise around the world

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What kind of setting lets you take that beautiful moon picture?
That one is a sun pic, but behind lots of clouds.

Moon pics are easier in more twilight light instead of very dark. They are also easier w/ a tripod.

In very dark the moon is so bright it washes out all details in the moon, but w/ a filter attatched to the lens it is easier.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DSC00997.JPG

I think about this thread quite often. As the summer progresses, and the days shorten (oh yes, they will ;)), I will be more and more often out and about at sunrise. It is nearly 20 miles between gardens for me to drive. It wouldn't be very difficult to pull over and take a picture. More often than not, however, there are the powerlines interfering with the view of the sky!

Here at home, my horizons are rooftops and powerlines, for the most part. There are some hills within view of my home but I'm looking at them over the neighbors' rooftops and those dang powerlines! This is beautiful country but the "grid" interferes with Nature.

The picture above is from a location where it is easy and comfortable for me to stop and I just might continue trying to capture an image of the sunrise from here. My early morning travels are consistent but the pictures should be changeable only because that is the Nature of the sky :)!

Steve

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 3429
I think about this thread quite often. As the summer progresses, and the days shorten (oh yes, they will ;)), I will be more and more often out and about at sunrise. It is nearly 20 miles between gardens for me to drive. It wouldn't be very difficult to pull over and take a picture. More often than not, however, there are the powerlines interfering with the view of the sky!

Here at home, my horizons are rooftops and powerlines, for the most part. There are some hills within view of my home but I'm looking at them over the neighbors' rooftops and those dang powerlines! This is beautiful country but the "grid" interferes with Nature.

The picture above is from a location where it is easy and comfortable for me to stop and I just might continue trying to capture an image of the sunrise from here. My early morning travels are consistent but the pictures should be changeable only because that is the Nature of the sky :)!

Steve
Lovely pic. I try hard to keep the powerlines out of my sky shots too, sometimes I just have to photoshop them out. (more then one way to skin a cat and all) lol

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have also looked for views to the west. Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm seldom to never driving home at sunset.

Way back in January, I had this view along a way home to share with you (on a cold and very hazy winter afternoon): (LINK).

It requires little to stop here altho that winter picture was probably taken about 4pm. Close to the winter solstice and about 30 minutes from the darkness of night. Even I might be out at sunset in January!

Steve, morning guy

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful picture Steve.

Thistle, I'll make your job easier. This one should be the POW. Ha

Mary

Awww, thanks for the help Mary! Unfortunately I can only use pictures that are submitted to the POW thread. I would love to feature it if only Steve would help out a little. ;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That dog-on Steve, posting on the wrong place. You would think with his computer skills he would know better! Ha

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the right place, @ninnymary !

I've been following and thinking about this thread for ... since @Kassaundra started it. Those first days, during the winter, I wasn't even seeing the sun early and late during the day.

Something I could also do is focus on something close and just get the colors of the sky in the picture. Editing out the power lines would be easier if they aren't in focus :)! Now, to get the California quail and the Goldfinch to hold still!

Steve

Latest posts