Unheated Greenhouse

buckie52

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I will look for one this weekend.Some stores only carry seasonable items.so this may be hard to find.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not warm enough for plants, but you can always hop in there to warm up instead of going back into the house. That's what I use my hay hut for, it's clear film over cattle panels, nice and warm when I get tired of running around out in pasture.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will look for one this weekend.Some stores only carry seasonable items.so this may be hard to find.
Check the big box stores online. They will ship it from one store to another. Also look at Greenhouse megastore. They have professional products as well as for back yard hobbyists.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have reached the end of the line with "stevedoring" the plants in and out of the greenhouse, morning and night. Tonight, the furnace is running and the plants will stay put. There just isn't comfortable room in the South Window and the utility room for all of them.

The "comfort" has to do with ease of walking. 15+ years ago, pre-heat, we would cling to the walls trying not to step on the plants while trying to get to the backdoor. I had 1 flat on the floor last night and would have needed 2 or 3 more, tonight. Not quite to the wall-clinging stage but I never did put in that rope swing like I said I would.

Steve
saving energy yesterday, hoping for a brighter tomorrow . . .

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Agreed it's finally breaking here. I can't imagine hauling flat after flat like that. I'll just heat the greenhouse my times worth more than that.

Latest posts