unrelenting cold and snow, Northeast

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dangnabit! !!!! Y'all are getting MORE SNOW???? OK, I officially feel real sorry for y'all. I won't even post pictures of my garden ....... mainly because I can't on this phone .......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dangnabit! !!!! Y'all are getting MORE SNOW???? OK, I officially feel real sorry for y'all. I won't even post pictures of my garden ....... mainly because I can't on this phone .......

Thank goodness for that! Er, I mean, darn, Bay, sure wish I could see that fresh turned soil with the sunshine pouring down flooding everything with grow glow!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Snow here today. :eek:
It has been melting, slowly. Last Friday we had an unusual spike in the 60's! When I got home from work, we snowshoed down to the stream where the air was frigid from the ice, with occasional blasts of hot wind off the hill. It was a great day to get out.

My usual pea planting date is April 19th. Last year there was a lot of snow and ice, and I still managed to get them in by the 25th (although it was quite muddy). I'm hoping for a similar scenario this year, although it is hard to imagine at the moment....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds like a plan @majorcatfish ! What kinds of snowcones will you be offering in September?
you are just a hoot.. thinking about selling you a carrot flavored snow cone...
bet you northerns are going to grow snow peas...this year....

all joking aside really hope the weather breaks for you all........

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The weather here has actually been good, aside from the errant snowstorm yesterday. Stuff is popping up all over. The weeds are busy planning a takeover already. And I'll hold you to that carrot snowcone Major! I want it in purple carrot flavor though so you better get busy.:)

Latest posts