Updates from A Bit of Earth

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, we still have the bees. I've been working on ringing my veggie beds with the wonderful granite my husband brought me home last fall. It's almost finished. This is a shot I took to enter into a backyard makeover contest, I'd love to have the money to do what I want to do out there! It's a long shot, wish me luck :)

4920_backyard5-15-11sm.jpg

I haven't been acutely ill since 2009, however, the residuals are something I'll deal with forever. Economically things have improved enough that I could stop working weekends, which really put a crimp in my gardening, and in our trips north to the Maine ranch. This spring feels like a new start out there.

Thank you all for your warm welcome back!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your yard and gardens are lovely. You don't need to win a "makeover"! My gardens aren't perfect- but I think of them as paradise! When you are sitting in that chair, overlooking your gardens, you are in heaven! Enjoy!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did notice that you weren't posting anymore. I miss hearing from some of you when I started. Glad you are back. Missed your old avatar also.

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You have been avidly missed around here. We're so happy to see you AND your garden back again. :hugs

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary, I just want a change, and that is me doing what I love the most, working in the garden. I still have the bee on the borage, it may make its appearance again.

And vfem, I've miss you all in my personally imposed exile :love

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reinbeau..I planted borage this year because of your avatar and Lesa and Hoodat raving about how bees love it! I need bees so hopefully it will work for me also. It's looking very healthy.

Mary

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
An update today, June 1st, almost everything is in except the cucumbers - gotta get them planted this afternoon, after teaching! I'm running out of room, so many seeds....

overall6-1-11.jpg

Latest posts