We Won the Bid, Bought The Farm!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have been on pins and needles the last 10 days. Our daughter found a double wide on 8 acres 7 miles from them, a HUD repo. She and her husband met the realtor and looked it over and based on their report, we made the bid. WE WON!!! :weee

We now live in town in a rambling brick home. We have 16 acres 3 miles from town where we were going to build our retirement home. Then this thing of distance between our DD, DSIL and grand daughter came up and we asked ourselves WHY? Why retire here? It's 3 hours to go see them and we would be here.......they would be there...... ya' get the picture? ;)

We sign the contract Monday and get to go see our new (to us) home. It needs minor work to get it up to snuff, about a couple thousand dollars. It is fenced on 3 sides, need to fence the front to keep my horses in. I can finally have a BIG garden!!

Now the moving, packing, TONS of stuff, followed by GARAGE SALE! My husband wants to work through the end of the year, which gives me plenty of time to get things done. We have to sell this house, our land, did I mention MOVE? Lots of work to be done.

And our DD just informed us that she is expecting. So there is another reason to get up there! :love

I have been about to bust, wanting to tell my TEG friends the good news, but waited to see if we got the bid. We have found several places we liked, but they were gone before we could even make an offer. We are excited to find this place at the price we got it for.

:weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats. Good that you are moving north. Even if just central Texas...... :clap

We need pix of ground and where gardens will be.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:celebrate I am so happy for you I could BUST! :weee
How close will you be to them? I see some babysitting in your future. ;) I am guessing DH will be retiring at the end of the year. :D Color me green with envy. CONGRATS> I am betting there will be no highway or tire store out front of your new place. :p

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh that's so awesome!!! Congrats and best of luck with all the work ahead of you...we're moving in a few weeks but only going about 8 miles away so that's not quite so hard!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

Latest posts