We Won the Bid, Bought The Farm!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can we assume since it has double wide, it already has a working well and septic system? Both fairly expensive. Sounds like a great deal. Always turn double wide into play house for G'kids, storage place, office area, or place for hubby to hide when you are mad. :rant

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:ya Happy, :ya happy, :yahappy :ya for you!

:loveGrandchildren:loveare what makes the work with:lovesons and daughters worth it.:love

:celebrateHurray!:celebrate I have no intention of starting over at my/our age, :celebratebut you bought something that I would love to have.:celebrate

:droolNow we all get to live vicariously with you the new place? er, um, palace?:drool I love the :gigdecoration ideas:gig you have for the trailer landscaping,:clap but I know that moving from the genteel South as you are, :weeeyou will make it a place Northerners will envy.:drool

:clapFun, fun, fun!:clap And I can't wait to give a TEG :hugs to your new grandbaby.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow!!!! That is amazing! I can't imagine the fun that will be. Heck, even the move and work will seem like fun. Imagine your garden! I am just so happy for you. Sigh...everyone has soooo much space. :( (I'm sad for me not for you. :))

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, we signed the contract today. We also got to see it. It is a nice home, mobile homes just don't have all the nooks and crannies that site built homes do. Still, it's a good size, 1900 square feet. I can already see that my dining table and matching china cabinet won't fit. Neither will the two leather sofas with the big brass studded rolled arms. :\

Fortunately I have moved from a larger home to a smaller home before. Take it room by room. Load all your most favorite stuff out of room #1, then room #2 and so on until truck is full. Go unload. Still have room? Go back and load your next most favorite stuff. What is left is not your most favorite stuff and it goes into the garage sale.

There is no garage. No storage room. No barn. No shed. Nada. None. :barnie

But what there is, is a beautiful piece of land with so much potential. Drop dead gorgeous oak trees, a good fence down one side and across the back side. Lots of vines and brush that needs bush hogging, good sandy soil and peace and quiet. We love it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
picture-uh=c5edd8e8e6196a4ccff826baedf914-ps=373354ec03341adc3b43cd76c534-19295-County-Road-443-Lindale-TX-75771.jpg

This is the view from the front of the home. It sits off the road and you can't see it from the road. I already have HOSTA bed plans for the oak tree in the circle, @Smart Red and @Nyboy !!!

picture-uh=cf655ee5ae668d6b97f9662ec43ccb6b-ps=36779b664554bfdef845ffbd1f328c.jpg

We want to build a covered deck on the front and a covered, screened deck in the back. We also want to get one of those metal instant carports put up and will look into buying a storage portable building versus building one. But the hard part is that we can't touch a thing until we close.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Manufactured home, not really a "mobile." ... Nice!

I was talking with a neighbor today about people down the road. Yeah, gossip ... They had a very nice home moved in. The neighbor noticed that model in a lot and stopped to check it out. $165,000!

Not a square foot of ground but a nice home to put on a nice place down the road where it has hundreds of feet of waterfront. They have spent a ton of money on landscaping since the house went in and it fits in beautifully!

Inside is where this whole idea of building it somewhere indoors and moving it, makes the most sense. I think they can do so well making everything fit together. Attention to detail and efficiency, not just "enclosed space."

:) Enjoy!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' I am amazed at the prices of manufactured homes. Dumbfounded. They cost HOW MUCH????? We just can't pass this place up for the price we got it for.

@Ridgerunner you're right about that. I will happily work my tail off building fence and building a barn and shed!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sheds?

Okay Bay'! Here are your "garden offices" and guest cabins: http://www.shedworking.co.uk

And, here are your "anything from storage to pub" sheds: http://www.readersheds.co.uk

Have some fun!

Steve
the guy who began work yesterday on the 4th wall of the shed with the attached hoop house. it will no longer sit open on the south side 10 months out of the year! wall is really removable doors, Dutch!

Latest posts