What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted potatoes in old feed bags last night. They're sitting under the window in the spare room right now.... just 2 big bags of dirt. Hope I'll be able to show off some picts of big bags topped with lovely green leaves before toooo long.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am trying a lot of new plants this year, peacock broccoli and red celery, and burgundy chard...reds are good for you I hear.

I got all my seeds planted up a month ago. They are sitting there waiting to be trans planted into 4' pots. Spring is short lived here and I need to have my instant garden ready to go into the ground before it gets too hot and wet. There are fungus among us.

Hopefully my cleric will do something fabulous this year. We have nematodes down here (Fla) but I have had this garden fallow for three years, so hopefully the solarization has worked.

I have three garden plots to rotate around. They are set with irrigation and timers...But one has become too shady so I think it is time to turn it into a flower garden with a bee hive.

...so 1/2 of my vegetables are flowers...:hide

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@greengenes ... Hi, :frow ... Everyone needs a little eye candy, trust me, more than half of my gardens are 'sweet'. I can't imagine being greeted in Spring by just dirt, and a tiller. And in your climate, oh :drool

Good luck with your new plants. I can't start things until early March.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, once again I planted without noting the date! But I think it has been about 10 days. I saw one tiny pepper plant trying to shove itself out of the soil today. The top of the fridge is a good temp, apparently.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Journey, my dream was that I was grafting fruit trees. I tried that once while awake and it didn't work. I will be pruning the peach tree soon, always feel bad tossing the branches away.

I would have some onion seed in potting soil but the frozen bag of potting soil in the greenhouse the last few days is still frozen! It will be above freezing outdoors tonight (!) so, maybe it will thaw tomorrow. DW wouldn't want me bringing it in the house.

Yeah, the onion flats will not come in like everything else. The seedlings won't pop up quickly but they'll sprout just fine in the greenhouse. Allowing the soil to freeze with the seeds sown will just have to be guarded against.

Steve

Latest posts