What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The bag of potting soil thawed!

Lots of different kinds of onion seed went in flats in the greenhouse. That's a start!

We have a lot of rain and snow in the forecast. Then, below normal temperatures for the 8 to 14 day. I bet the onions will just wait it out . . .

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
DigitS, what kinds of peach trees do you have? i may be interested in some of those cuttings to try and root or maybe graft.

finally got my lights up and some seeds started. i got in some dirt over the long weekend leeks, onions, celery, parsley, delphinium, dianthus, and some pansies.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
CickiesMoma, it was a volunteer. I only kept it because I didn't care about what was planted nearby. During those years, there was just some purple iris. They have since been replaced by much nicer iris but I'm happy to have the peach stay, if it can. The iris are doing okay.

I showed the fruit to an orchardist who said it was just like her Blushing Stars. I'm quite sure that is what she said. There is a good chance that the seed came from her trees.

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
oooh, don't have those in my yard yet
4chsmu1.gif

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Elderly broccoli seed. That's what I planted today, and ancient zinnias. I checked into the far recesses of my downstairs fridge's freezer compartment today, and found two plastic bags and a plastic container full of various kinds of seeds, from 2002. Please don't think too long about how far back that was. I'm pretty good at just putting things out of my mind. :lol:
So I thought I would try out the broc and zinnias. Got some seed in paper towels to check the germination.
Also, I planted cabbage seed, in potting mix. It was pretty warm here today, so easy to get spring fever.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well let us know how your geriatric seeds do So lucky. :)

Steve, those Blushing Star peaches get high marks for flavor on several sites.
Hope you get a bumper crop this year.

Latest posts