What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly, the reason I started this thread is so y'all could help me remember to plant stuff in the non-summer months... it seems every single year I fail to do so. :hit

Well, today in an attempt to try and make a change I planted some peas. I think I may also try some onions and broccoli.

Wish me luck. I definitely don't have the most green thumb and have never really planted stuff during this time of year before.

desertwillow

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just put in peas and lettuce and just bought two bare root climbing roses to plant. A friend gave me a pot of Artemisia so I have it to plant also. I need to get the sweet peas in also. We had rain and I had to stop until it was over.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just watching the snow fall, but luckily moved the seedlings from last week out into the greenhouse. Lettuce and radish sprouted... even the Swiss chard is doing fine. I don't even think they notice the snow.

Going to still a hot jug of water in there before I goto bed... just in case.

Good luck everyone planting now!

msbear

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Im starting some herbs and annual flowers indoors. Flowers like black eyed susan vine which seem to take forever to get a good start.

I guess I should wait to start the tomatoes... 2nd week of May is our last frost date... that's 3 months. They should be started 6 weeks prior, right?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today is Presidents Day so of course I a heading out to plant more peas!!!! I have to it is good luck! :weee everyone should plant a pea today! even in your house in a pot I dont care it will boost your mood and bring on the spring I betcha :ya ..I planted peas, onions and spinach yesterday while dodging the rain

we put a hoop house over our three largest raised beds and I think I am going to risk it and plant potatoes today under the protection of plastic just in case

I am getting cocky but I really think this is it for our winter ...mid 50s and rain

it is gray ..gloomy and the sky is sitting on our heads ..Vit D sales ..I should have invested because in WA alone we are spending billions on this latest trend in Vit therapy! even I have succombed ..does it make me feel better? who knows :p

I am trying really hard to get out and just embrace the elements but yesterday made home made creamy pecan pralines for my Valentine and when he did not finish them so they are sitting there making me yearn for their sugary creamy goodness...

ok I have ot move on
a few days of sunshine would be nice I think ...hope all on the East coast are ok under that huge blanket!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
msbear said:
Im starting some herbs and annual flowers indoors. Flowers like black eyed susan vine which seem to take forever to get a good start.

I guess I should wait to start the tomatoes... 2nd week of May is our last frost date... that's 3 months. They should be started 6 weeks prior, right?
Six weeks for tomatoes works perfect for me. Our ave. last frost date is May 15, but I usually hold them another 2 weeks if nights are still too cool.

Pansies are starting to look a little like pansies... slow babies! You sure don't have to worry about THEM bursting out of their pots!

I started onion seed (inside) 2 days ago. A Walla Walla has sprouted already :ya

We will surely see more snow yet but PUDDLES are in the forecast for tomorrow ... :clap !!!!

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Got 8 Box Car Willie tomatoes planted into paper pots and in my little portable, heated greenhouse (yesterday). Gonna plant taters Wednesday or Thursday....supposed to be really cold (for down here....not to be confused with R E A L L Y cold, up north) through Tuesday night.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Honestly, the reason I started this thread is so y'all could help me remember to plant stuff in the non-summer months... it seems every single year I fail to do so. :hit

Well, today in an attempt to try and make a change I planted some peas. I think I may also try some onions and broccoli.

Wish me luck. I definitely don't have the most green thumb and have never really planted stuff during this time of year before.
ALL the best of luck to you, Nifty! :fl

After many years of gardening, I have finally ventured into cold crop season as well!
Just planted last weekend! - and what a bounty to behold! :throw

:gig

Latest posts