What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Plantadoodledoo

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Transplanting my broccoli and onions today, maybe some brussels, into bigger peat pots, and also thinning, will be planting herb seeds tomorrow morning

beehappy

Sprout
Reaction score
Onions yesterday and just put oxheart tomatos in the planter today.

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am trying artichokes just for fun
Brussel Sprouts
yellow peppers
zucchini bush
planted zucchini vine first time tryng that one.
I bought a Mexican tomato from the plant fair in Philly and it is grwoing so well it is cold tolerent so I can plant it now but don't want to chance it.

more tomorrow

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love growing artichokes! If you let them flower, they have the most beautiful huge purple flower.

Monica

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This week I started:

Inside in peat pots.
Beefsteak tomatoes
Big Boy Tomatoes

Outside in the raised bed for the chickens:
Kale
Spinach
Mustard Greens

Today, since its really raining outside DH and I will start in peat pots: more tomatoes, pumpkins, watermelons, and herbs - parsley and basil. This is the first year starting from seed, we have always bought started plants before. Wish us luck.

1acrefarm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Planted rose bushes, tomatoes, corn, pole beans, okra, and cucumbers today. I still need to plant my potatoes squash and peppers. I wish I would have started some things a little earlier but tiller was broke so I am playing catch up. I may cut an oak down soon so I can start on my orchard.

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted my two climbing roses yesterday. Turned my back for a sec and Billy (the goat) was on one like cold on ice! I fabricated two very large cages for the roses out of old chicken pens to prevent further taste testing until Billy can move to his yard and outta mine!
The rest of my garden is still growing in 4 inch pots on the porch. The lousy weather we had during my SO's vacation meant the garden didn't get disked and tilled, but he'll be off again the first 2 weeks in April and it's at the top of his honeydo list. Right next to mending the garden fence and building the chicken coop.
Also, I had the will and the way yesterday so I severly cut back the forsythia. I shoulda taken a picture of it before I started. It was easily the size of a volkswagon and was actually the main bush plus alot of volunteers. It was a little late to cut it back I suppose, but not really concerned if it dies.

mullers3acers

Sprout
Reaction score
Yesterday I planted bulbs that should have been planted last fall. Two kinds of tulips, paperwhites and multi colored hyacinths.
Today after it warms up I plan to plant the rest of the bulbs. Oxalis Adenophyla and Grape Hyacinths.
Next week I am going to replant my strawberry garden. I just love spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy_flower :rainbow-sun :watering

Lunachick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My seedlings I started awhile back are getting big in the window. I ordered some asiatic lily bulbs, dahlia, star flowers, cranesbill - that I have to pot up and put in greenhouse (my backroom is a mess of plants and pots and dirt) Night temps are 30's now, so the bulbs and tubers are going out soon! :woot

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Today I planted lemon basil in the house since we have had so much rain and expecting up to 4"+ tomorrow....I have to start things in the house until I can till the garden. My herbs from last year are up...terragon, chives, garlic onions, oregano, mint and I see some burnett is up in several garden spots. I lost my rosemary and have to re do it. I plant tons of basil as I cook with it all the time.

Latest posts