What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Lunachick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, I started my indoor seed starting process. For the herb garden:

cilantro
sage
savory
dill
basil

Flowers:

cosmos
zinnia
portulaca
sweet pea
sunflower
marigold, and others I can't seem to think of right now.

Also I took some apple seeds from a chopped up apple and started them also. Except I'm not too sure about them, I think you would have to freeze the seeds first, but I soaked them first then planted them. BTW I keep my seed started in re-usable plastic tubs and cover them with plastic wrap and place on my VCR/DVR - it's nice and warm for them! Once they sprout I place them on my plexiglass stick on shelves (that I can't find anymore in stores) in a sunny window til greenhouse time. :bee

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I bought two roses at Atwoods that we'll be planting as soon as we're sure we've seen our last frost. One is a climbing Joseph's Coat (my absolute favorite rose) and the other is a Peace rose. I have to find another climber for the planting plan we've come up with. Don't know where the Peace rose is going yet...cart before the horse syndrome. Of course, this means we have to get started on the garden/chicken/goat area fence mending now because I can't bear the thought of tying Billy the goat up in the yard to protect the rose bushes. He's having a blast running around the yard and he's doing away with these awful bushes...don't know what they are, but my SO says he wishes his Mom had never planted. Yah Billy! Funny he's leaving the bare naked ladies, which are also starting to grow, alone. Now if he would just develop a taste for forsythia bushes he could trim back the one we have that I call the yellow bell from H-E-double hockey stix.

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Finally ordered seeds.
Spinach
Filet Beans
Sugar snap peas
Pole beans
carrots
cucumbers
romaine lettuce
swiss chard
tomatoes (salad and sauce types)
chile peppers
From Cook's Garden and Johnny's Kitchen Seeds
All ready have sweet basil and jalapeno seeds that I found at a disount store and grabbed because they were the varieties I want and Burpee Organic brand.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ive been jumping the gun a little and planting some little plants ive rooted in the yard already. if we get a nother freeze i'll have to cover them up.

so far ive planted kalanchoe (pink), roses, and pentas that i rooted. also some pineapple tops.

and i planted some snapdragons i got on the clearance rack basically for free...

i also got some red kalanchoes whos blooms were fading for 25 cent and pinched them back and they are blooming again now and the parts i pinched back ALL rooted, lol.

last year i got 9 dollar sago palms at lowes for 1 dollar each right before winter! thats nuts!

i havent started any seeds yet tho i may plant some cucumbers, butterfly weed, and sweet peas any day now.

hsm5grls

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We just planted all our spring seeds in starter pots and they are in the garden window. Looks like we will have a big garden this year :fl . we also planted some marigolds in planters by the chicken coop and have all our spring flower seeds ready to go in the ground in march. :rose I am desperately waiting on spring. :coolsun

OCMG

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I put together a hydroponic system but I am nervous but I want to plant some greens or mini tomatoes, I can't decide.

:he

hsm5grls

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have sprouts :weee We have been taking care of our starter pots in the garden window and we now have corn and most of the beans sprouting........Come on spring!!!! :rainbow-sun

joebwe25

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nothing. Soon we're going to plant lots of tomatoes, larkspur, sweet peas and others.
You said it hsm5grls!!! COME ON SPRING!!!!!!!!
:rose :dance :happy_flower :mow :weight :watering :tools :rainbow-sun
P.S. I love the smileys here!

Latest posts