What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Just planted 2014 onion sets. Surprisingly about 15 of them had sprouted. I'm filling in under 7 pine trees on the south side of the property, where I raised their crowns and created a weed patch. I've been emptying there from the stalls all winter and I plan to leave all onions and garlic planted there, in an attempt to fill it it with something better. :D

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Skeeter, ever try carrots with that method? I find that keeping the moisture in and the breezes out gives me a much better stand of carrots. Lettuce has never been a problem to start.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted spinach plants and a few Tom Thumb lettuce in the box with the other spinach and radishes and covered. I have a lot of things outside and inside. Now, I am in trouble with cooler cloudy weather and the greenhouse inside and outside are full. The tomatoes and peppers are coming up and look really good. The wind is blowing, so I hope the plastic stays on.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just planted 2014 onion sets. Surprisingly about 15 of them had sprouted. I'm filling in under 7 pine trees on the south side of the property, where I raised their crowns and created a weed patch. I've been emptying there from the stalls all winter and I plan to leave all onions and garlic planted there, in an attempt to fill it it with something better. :D

@ducks4you , Do you find they shrug off the acidity of the pine needles and grow easily in spots like that?

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Alrighty then here is what I've planted in the past couple of weeks.

lettuce, herbs galore, snapdragons, alyssum, cukes, and this morning i planted parsley after it soaked overnight.

All in my window greenhouses :) i have lots of green right now

Latest posts