What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I looked at all the new snow that fell on it yesterday and thought "when that melts it'll soak in...that's a good thing" Ugh...another 4 or 5 inches of the stuff...why oh why can't it warm up about 20 degrees and drizzle instead!??

Did do some "prepping" though...found a good buy on some soaker and dripper equipment...got (I think) enough to get all our essentials watered this year. They haven't announced the specifics yet, but they have a water restriction plan ready to enact since we had so little snow this winter. With the new equipment we should be able to just shut off the sprinklers and get the water only where it needs to be. The heck with the grass...can't eat it anyway, LOL.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
...and if they have made rainbarrels against the law, make certain every single person in that jurisdiction has at least one rainbarrel going. Chances are, even those police officers expected to enforce anti rainbarrel ordinances will want to be in on the mass civil disobedience.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yep...collecting rain here is illegal...how dumb is that?? We're gonna do it anyway, of course. We actually buried 4 55 gallon drums and filled them so they're ready. Once we have the rabbitry roof on we'll be collecting from that and it'll run from the collection barrel into our buried ones.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mickey, whoever has made collecting rainwater in rainbarrels illegal is obviously only doing it to punish the population. Maybe recently the population where you are vetoed something the powers that be wanted so they are punishing the population. Standing up to that is precisely why we have a country. The law wants you to suffer from drought?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I looked at one of them!

The property owner has cut down (pruned) the bushes that were getting taller & taller while I've been gardening there. He took out a "weed tree" that was growing nearby several years ago and, now this major pruning! I feel a little guilty but it will help - a lot. He said he was "counting on" me being back over there before the forsythia blooms in the neighbor's yard.

:)

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spent hours with my five year old grandson planting seeds in the greenhouse. He explained to me how work goes much faster when there are two doing a job. So much fun.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I stepped into a mess one of the stray cats left in my garden. Not much fun.

Latest posts