What is your 'pure joy'?

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wear contacts for 2-3mo at a time. If you take good care and clean them, there is no issue.
But if you're like my DH, never takes them out, never washes them, etc, then you have to change them monthly.
Way too expensive to buy new glasses, $150-200 2-3 times a year. I'm too active for glasses and I cannot have ones that stab me in the head to stay on, I'll throw those off myself!! ugh.
Plus, I need the thinning option. I didn't bother with the "glare free" option, that coating comes off in a year and is terrible and pricey.
I'm always getting my face too close, I'm sure if I did wear glasses all these years, I would of been neck deep in 30-40 pairs by now! And I'm not even joking! I've worn broken ones, tape them back together or lenses that are bad, for months before getting new frames or lenses put in.
Contact lenses just work a zillion times better for my lifestyle/partly air-headedness. lol =P

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I look like a crazy person dressed like this in Winter, but ah well, got a pic of me on him.
DH took the pics and he had flash on! =0 Luckily, gelding only spooked in place and looked up at him. :D

dune1.jpeg

Also, DH bought me a new channeled saddle pad and then a bareback pad to go on top. They'll be here in 2-3wks. :)
61Tlh7vEPVL._SX355_.jpg

images

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aren't you cold secuono? I expected to see snow in your neck of the woods. Are those soft saddles for horses that don't like the leather ones? Good picture by the way.

Mary

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 55F today, so fairly warm. :)
We rarely get snow until sometime in January and even then, it usually melts as soon as it stops falling.
Last year was nuts, but that's rare to get such good snowfall.

Red one is a saddle pad with no foam in the center where the horse's spine is, that way, the pressure is over the ribs and muscles and not pinching the vulnerable spine. That one can be used with a bare pad or the treeless saddle types. It'd be too thick for a regular, treed saddle.
Then the blue is a bareback pad for riding w/o a saddle. Can't ride too much in those alone, since there is not enough protection for the spine. That's why I got both, red one will go on first, then the blue on top.

This one is my treed saddle, a Wintec 250 A/P. It just barely fits the grey mare fine and since she's getting up in age, I decided to try and sell it and just use the bare pads. Lighter, softer and more comfy for her.
saddle.jpeg

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My pure joy? The times I spend in solitude talking to my Heavenly Father and feeling such warmth and peace envelope me that it's like I'm walking in God's own hand. Sometimes I'll have whole days like that when I'm walking among other people, talking to them even, but all around me is this cocoon that feels like the sun and I can't wipe the smile from my eyes. My chest feels so full of joy that I can feel it bubbling up and overflowing!

There's no other feeling like that in this whole world and the only thing that even comes close~but still can't really touch it~is the first time a mother holds her first child and you feel the world change around you forever. It's like the world drops away and it's just you and that child wrapped in a love so uniquely fine that you know with all certainty that no one else has loved just like that in the history of this world. In that moment you know that this is as pure as love can get and you'd willingly die for that baby, without even hesitating to think about it.

That's how it feels between God and I, except to the nth degree. He loves me and I love Him back and it feels like Heaven here on Earth..He did die for me. And that's my purest joy.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do not want to start up any issues. Curiosity is getting the better of me-
But God didn't die for anyone, his Son, Jesus, died and rose again for us. God created Earth and all that we see today. At least, that's what I was taught in Catholic school.
Is it different in Christian school or other religions involving Jesus? Did I mix something up?
Again, sorry if I offend anyone. I just want to clarify if I'm wrong about this. :oops:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is a really good question, Secuono, one that gets asked all the time. Jesus IS God AND the Son of God. Jesus is God in the flesh. Then there's God the Father in Heaven, and God the Holy Spirit--the Comforter that indwells those who've put their trust in Christ Jesus. The Triune Godhead is a difficult thing to explain. Here is a bunch of verses in reference to that. And I think that Genesis 1:26 is also in reference to the Trinity when God says "let us make man in our image", when you consider that we are a reflection of that image since we have a body, a soul and a spirit (or mind). Hope that helped some.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, yep. What Journey said. They probably won't let us discuss that much here on the forum, but Jesus is God, and the Father is God, and the Holy Spirit is God and they are all One, all equally God. Didn't mean to confuse you on it. It's a hard concept to imagine because we are merely three dimensional beings and cannot imagine concepts that big. One just has to have faith that it is, even if we cannot grasp the concept of it.

Sometimes I speak to them separately, sometimes as One, but they are~ at one and the same time~all three separate... and all three in one.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
politics and religion should be left out or placed somewhere else. but for goodness sake get both of those mowers under some shelter ....
and yes those are some very nice saddle pads your dh got you... little i know about horses

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
politics and religion should be left out or placed somewhere else. but for goodness sake get both of those mowers under some shelter ....
and yes those are some very nice saddle pads your dh got you... little i know about horses

I did go check on this to make sure...here's the list of rules.

It's not that you can't talk about controversial subjects at all, it's just that they need to be kept polite and respectful. Posts that are advertising, campaigning or proselytizing I'm sure would be removed, as well as "I'm right/you're wrong" arguments. It's impossible to please everybody all of the time and occasionally we're all going to see/read things that we don't agree with, but it is possible to be polite and tactful all of the time when it comes to these things. This was in response to Secuono's direct question. I don't think any lines were crossed. The rules do specify that conversations on politics and religion should be kept to the Random Ramblings section, which is where this thread is located.

Latest posts