Will My Roses Die?!

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Temperatures have been in the 70s this week, awfully warm and nice. I'm afraid they will promote new growth in the roses that will be nipped when it does freeze. No freeze predicted anytime soon.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree with nyboy.. My deer cut my down every year. LOL They live and I have many of what you have....:thumbsup

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found that my roses do better with a spring pruning rather than fall. I have lost many roses over the years. The ones that didn't do well were the hybrid teas of unusual color i.e. lavender. most roses would be covered for the winter with soil. The roses I have left are an assortment that are more winter hardy. I no longer cover them-make it or die. It just became so much work. In your case I would hill them with soil and hope that makes up for the pruning. I am not familiar with these cultivars. What is your zone?

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My husband gave a man who doesn't like flowers permission to do so, without asking me first. He felt the job should be handed over to him, as we care for my roses on a church property. I was really mad. The pruner had asked my husband permission, but my husband told him to go ahead, that I was no longer the one taking care of them. So it's really my husband's fault, in my opinion. The man who doesn't like flowers wants everything sterile and manicured.

Latest posts