wolves are ravaging Idaho backcountry

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another side issue with the wolves moving in closer is the wildlife moving down into towns. My CPA runs an event center at her property and had a small herd of 8 elk cows living on the lawns and eating the landscaping. We used to just see the moose on our property during the winter, but now they appear throughout the summer too. I wonder if they are ranging closer to people because of the packs in the mountains?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read somewhere that our government in it's infinite wisdom, imported tundra wolves from Canada. They are bigger and faster than native timber wolves. Something about tundra wolves being cheaper to buy than timber wolves. And the tundra wolves hunt down and kill the timber wolves. Plus wreaking havoc on wildlife and livestock. Brilliant.

Any thoughts?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Really? Illinois? Are they really that close to south-est, central-est Wisconsin? Coyotes, yes, I've seen them often, but wolves like that are not something I want to meet on a walk in the woods.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When we listen to and allow the bleeding hearts to run our affairs is a disaster waiting to happen. :barnie FYI ... many years ago, one of my uncle's 10 year old son was attacked, killed, torn to shreds and eaten by a pack of wolves when he was on his way to school. :duc Wolves had a feast on human flesh of the dead when the soviet union used to deport people to siberia and thrown off the cattle trains . my father's brother was one of them. :somad

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
And yet in school were were taught/teaching that not one human has been killed by a healthy wolf here in the United States. There's a disconnect here from reality. I always doubted that statistic.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, there's a new Stephen King movie coming out this summer about animals that are evolving to killing for sport. I think it will be a little too realistic for some of us.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, there's a new Stephen King movie coming out this summer about animals that are evolving to killing for sport. I think it will be a little too realistic for some of us.
Well ... that will be a real awakeaning to reality and I hope a backlash to the animal rights wackos . :caf

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I tried (and failed) to copy and paste an article on line by KFVS 12 News, our local TV station, talking about a bill in Illinois awaiting the governor's signature, making it a punishable-by-jail crime if you leave your dog or cat out in extreme weather. The article also said a recent Gallup poll said nearly 1/3 of Americans believe animals should have the same rights as humans. :th
The proposed law raises all kinds of questions. Do my pet chickens get to sleep in my bed on cold nights? Maybe they just need to enforce the animal cruelty laws already on the books. :\ And use some good old common sense.

Latest posts