wolves are ravaging Idaho backcountry

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a bunch of bleeding heart out of touch with reality whackos. What's next? Bring in the raccoons, possums, fox, deer, etc into your house too?

I realize that animals need protection from extreme weather, but use common sense.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I live in IL. I don't believe that animals have rights. They are living, breathing property and need caretaking and TRAINING. You don't understand that another law is meaningless. We already have laws in Illinois to punish animal cruelty and neglect. DH and DD are attorneys and I see the book that comes out every few years to consolodate same laws. It reminds me of cleaning out my spices and I find 3 partial pepper cans that all fit into one.
This is PURELY POLITICAL. You cannot get blood from a stone, and you cannot collect monies from people who don't have it AND are abusing their animals. You can only charge them, attach a bill that they cannot pay, and then they become a criminal who can be picked up if they violate the probation for one year that you put them on and remove the animals. I DON'T know all of the laws, and I DON'T know law in other states. I only am aware of what happens in my county in IL, and I suspect that it works this way in many other counties in the USA, as well.
BTW, MY dogs live inside and have their outside duties. A pack of coywolves would kill them both, and then my sentries who bark at night and are both my alerts and protection against burglery and possible human attack are gone, and all of the food and training for 8 years is gone, too.
There are many solutions that do work against predators, but even two really big dogs that foolishly run into the fray are just a waste.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Valley Ranch, I'd like to post these pictures on FB, along with your sited article. We, in IL, have a LOT of bleeding hearts who stupidly believe that predators are benign, and I'd like to show them this threat. I'm not sure that linking this thread will show them the pictures. What you do think?

Latest posts