WOOHOO Fuji

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Fuji apple tree is blooming for the first time!!! I am so happy. It doesn't have more than a dozen flowers, but it's a good sign for next year. My poor Jonathan has had no pollinator nearby since the idiots that put in the city sewer across the back of the property cut down a wild apple tree that bloomed at the same time. We still got some apples, probably from a crab apple tree or something across the holler, but not enough to do a lot with, usually just enough to make a case of homemade apple pie filling (Dew loves it), and a little jelly. Next year we should have a great apple crop...finally!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know it should flower and you expect it will flower, but it's still an exciting event when fruit trees do what they're supposed to do. I hope your apple harvest fills your larder and makes your name as a pie maker in your community.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so happy to see this Fuji flowering! I have been waiting for so long for it to happen. I am crazy happy to see it in the same bloom stage as the Jonathan! I FINALLY HAVE A POLLINATOR!!!:weee:clap:weee

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't start spraying the apple trees until after petal drop. I don't currently have any disease pressure (knock on wood), so I only spray for worms after the flowers (and hence the bees) are gone.

Here is the Fuji:
DSC02187.JPG

And here is the Jonathan:

DSC02188.JPG

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I only spray them after the blooms are gone. I use malathion.

Latest posts