Would like to buy Genetically Modified Seeds for Vegetables

zuks77

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi everyone. What a pleasant forum and great experienced grower who share some good ideas.

Well, recently I have decided to start growing Genetically Modified tomatoes and cucumbers. Also, due to rising food prices I was able in my country (Europe) to get a limited license to grow Genetically Modified vegetables, mainly tomatoes and cucumbers.

Never dealt with this. What I am interested is if anyone has tried this and could give me some valuable info from experience?

Additionally, I've been looking online like a madman for past two weeks to buy genetically modified seeds and can't find them anywhere, any websites I can buy these, would appreciate.

I own up to 2 square kilometers of farmland w/ buildings where I grow variety of vegetables and flowers, so at least I could experiment and see where this takes me in regards to quality, quantity, how can it withstand unexpected conditions, etc

Grateful for your help!

I think GMO will be the future of farming world.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, to TEG, I do not know where to get them. Most folks on this forum try to avoid any Gmo crops. Someone on here may be able to point you in the right direction though. Good luck!

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll ask a question that someone is bound to ask.. Why are you looking at GMO crops in the first place? What leads you to believe that a GMO crop is better than a regular crop? Are you looking for pest/disease resistance or something else?

I'm sure someone will want to know.. As Collector indicated I think that the vast majority of people on this forum would run far, far away from anything associated with GMO crops.

YMMV!

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wouldn't plant anything GMO. First of all I do not want a DIME of my money to go to Monsanto. Second of all you can't legally save seeds from your GMO plants. Third, if your GMO plants cross pollinate non-GMO crops, the jerks at Monsanto can now sick their lawyers on the grower of the cross pollinated crops for "stealing their patent".

Not a lot of GMO fans on this forums.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm afraid this is not the forum to get a rational discussion on GMO crops.

If you are serious, I suggest you talk to someone in your country's Agricultural ministry. They should be able to direct you, both in the rules and regulations you need to follow and possible sources of seeds. Perhaps where you got the license?

I don't fully understand the details of the European Union versus the individual countries in the European Union, but I would think your country's Agricultural Ministry would be the one for you to contact, not the European Union's ministry. I'm also a little surprised you could get a license for GMO crops from the European Union and not your individual country, but then, I have not studied the details of how the European Union works or what licenses are required in the various countries in the European Union.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
I'm afraid this is not the forum to get a rational discussion on GMO crops.
DUCK and RUN.......:cool:

I don't know that there are any in those crops. Hybrids yes, GMO's , don't think so. Hybrids will outproduce parent lines if better production is what you are after.

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lol :lol: I stay out of the GM post cause it gets way to crazy for me. But that made me laugh Seedcorn.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
obsessed said:
lol :lol: I stay out of the GM post cause it gets way to crazy for me. But that made me laugh Seedcorn.
thank you for taking it for what it is.....humor or at least a feeble attempt at...:lol:

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All I can do is snicker... but I will not voice my opinion in this thread. :lol: