Your Weather, 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
nice sunny day here, but it started off with seasonably related cold of about 15F.

this week we get up into the mid-40s to mid-50s even, chance of rain later in the week. no snow storms predicted as of yet. weekend looks ok for seed swap drive (it's not too far from here but it can be fun on some of these backroads if the winds are up and there's fresh snow on them).

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My plan was to be out weeding the garden today, but now there is drizzle that is supposed to last for the entire day. Perhaps some rain will be a good thing, because yesterday when I was out planting I noted that the soil was quite dry. Starting tomorrow we should have three warm, sunny days with daytime temperatures at 10C(50F), and dipping down near freezing at night-- so very pleasant weather on the horizon.

For next week they are suggesting mixed precipitation with the possibility of snow. I hope they are wrong about the white stuff. We have made it through this winter without putting our snow tires on the car. The 'all weather' tires and front wheel drive were sufficient for small snow falls, and when the snow was deep in January we were able to just stayed home. Personally, I'm ready for spring! 🌷

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not nearly the dramatic weather as for @ducks4you .

The thermometer may hit 50°f either this afternoon or tomorrow. That number is not so surprising even though 50f is a nice round 10°C. It will be the first time since January 28 which was a near record high and that January mark was the first since early November. Sooo, 11 weeks and now about another 4 weeks, with that bump betwixt and between.

Every flake of snow in the yard is again gone but some may be back next week. A mild Winter with, again, only one cold spell with temperatures below 0°f and the awkward -17.778°C. I can only remember a couple of times when it has been that cold in March so we may be well past that, uh, milestone.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
It supposed to be near 60 today. Right now we're fogged in. Can't see any neighbors.

I need to plant my bulbs that I got for free last year and that I've been buying on clearance at Wally's. Also canna bulbs. They are all growing leaves out of the bag!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
After every bit of snow melted in my yard: Right now, I think that this would be classified as grauple that's falling.

The warmer weather absolutely blew away. We had wind gusts above 50mph, last night (80km/h). It's still windy through the noon hour but the sun was out this morning with freezing temperatures.

Steve, a 72" object now has a 107" shadow at high noon :)

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We just made it through two days of wicked wind with really powerful gusts (and cold too). Today was much calmer so I tried to pull some weeds including forget-me-nots, but the plants were frozen to the soil and wouldn't budge. Lol. Now it's been snowing for several hours and the garden is all white and pretty. I suspect it won't last, but there is more snow in the forecast for the next few days. I have a sneaking suspicion that this system is headed your way DigitS' -- you had better batten down the hatches. 🌬️

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Branching Out: That one big storm was nearly all to the south and the one at the moment seems to be following the same path. Next ... the Weather Service sure says that it won't miss; claiming we have a 90% and 100% chance over today and tomorrow. The storms on the wet-side of WA are mostly staying over there. Percentages of snowpack at the ski resort on Snoqualmie Pass show that. Right at the pass summit 7' west, 5' east, 10' at the top of their hill.

I think it's all more than okay. Apple Country has had its special little storms scurrying up from the south and the 5' will be added to steadily for irrigation water. Our rivers here run many, many miles with lakes and reservoirs and much of what is at a distance comes down out of those mountains.

digitS'

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We just made it through two days of wicked wind with really powerful gusts (and cold too). Today was much calmer so I tried to pull some weeds including forget-me-nots, but the plants were frozen to the soil and wouldn't budge. Lol. Now it's been snowing for several hours and the garden is all white and pretty. I suspect it won't last, but there is more snow in the forecast for the next few days. I have a sneaking suspicion that this system is headed your way DigitS' -- you had better batten down the hatches. 🌬️
We are getting some crazy wind right now and really cold air! Burrrrrrr!