ɯnɹoɟ ʇsǝʇ

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had that kind of desk phone in my office, for awhile. I love all things old! I had a young customer who wanted to use the phone. Not thinking I pushed it toward her- she looked confused and said "how do use it?" Boy did I feel old!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I loved the music Digits. I think we have a similar style in what we like. Let me ask a dumb computer question. Are the music and images already there together or do you select the music and then paste images to it?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, I have very little technical skill but about the most important thing I learned about computers was from watching my daughter learn to make use of them about 10 years ago - experiment!

Ever wonder how the kids get so far ahead of us? They play with things! It is what kids do . . .

Now, I am lame, inhibited, risk-averse and, in all ways, a non-tech kind of person. Playing with a machine doesn't come very naturally. But, if I come across something that seems like I can use it to better communicate - I try. That is why I started this thread and asked Nifty in a kind of backwards (& uʍopǝpısdn ʎɐʍ) if it was okay.

Now here is a photograph that I used to talk about a place where I once lived, the TEG thread from last summer is here (click):

If you click on the photo you will learn that I uploaded it to my gallery right here on TEG! But let's say that I want to link a song to that photograph. So, I try to come up with one that kinda fits on YouTube:

Why don't you try to right click it - there's no YouTube video - so that it will load in a different tab and you can look out my backdoor at the rainbow while CCR plays their song?!?

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve..I clicked on the picture but I only heard the music. I was not able to hear the music and see your picture at the same time.:/
I tried clicking on the left and right side of the mouse.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I meant to allow the YouTube music to load in 1 tab while looking at the rainbows, Mary. Right clicking should give you a little window where you can click "Open in a New Tab."

Yes, maybe me opening a YouTube account should be next. . . Then, I can put the music and pictures together. But, some of those guys are really talented at doing things on YouTube!! It is easier for me to just take a picture and link to what someone else has put on there. I suppose I could figure out a few YouTubey things to do but my list of what I am and am not should have included: not very creative :rolleyes:.

I suppose I'm too practical and a stick-in-the-mud but I do try to be a little entertaining. You know, not everyone thinks scratching around in the dirt has much going for it.
:idunno

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
You know, not everyone thinks scratching around in the dirt has much going for it.
:idunno

Steve
:lol: What!? Who are those people?

And of course you're creative, look at what you came up with here!

p.s. I love your rainbow picture...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's great, Mary! Now you will need to know how to keep track of your tabs . . .

And, I am sorry about that garage band headache!

Maybe this will help - don't right click - just click. The paintings are wonderful as is the music:

s'

edited to substitute Monet for Matisse.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve..that was weird. I'm not even going to ask how that was done. I don't want another headache. lol I mean paintings are supposed to be still life yet they move!

By the way, on your rainbow image, when I clicked, I didn't get "Open in a New Tab". I got something like: open url, connect url? I guess I got lucky and clicked on the right one. :D This stuff is hard! :/

Mary

Latest posts