10.05"

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
When it rains it pours. We were in "severe drought" here based on last year and the first part of this year. We were about 2" behind since the start of the year. Than I got 2.2" in my rain gauge a few days ago. Then I got another 1.2". We are forecast for another 2" tomorrow with more rain predicted in the 7-day. Things look nice and green now. We have water in the farm ponds. The streams and rivers are muddy but not overflowing.

That 2.2" all soaked right into the round, no runoff. The 1.2" put some running water in the ditches. I'm waiting to see what happens with this next round with the ground saturated. So far at least our gravel road has not washed out.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our neighborhood now sits at the 2nd wettest water year ( starts on Oct.1) at 45.5" of rain . That is 17" above a normal rainfall to date. We are going to see a wet storm arriving in the next couple hours. The rivers are running high , with a few wet spots in low lying areas. :caf

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are having a really rainy season over on this side also. My work was canceled today because it. We just have storm systems moving in here one after another for the next who knows how much longer. :mad:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
All of you on the PNW have my sympathies. Been there done that myself, I lived in Puget Sound for three years in the 70's (Whidbey Island). Never seen so much rain before or since. It was raining when I arrived, and although it slowed to drizzle sometimes, it never really stopped for several weeks. After awhile, I just gave up trying to keep dry, and thought of myself as a duck. Only had a small garden then, fortunately I was in a hill top, with good drainage.

The last few years here in Wisconsin, we've been having a "midwest monsoon" in June - which delays planting. Couldn't even plant one year, part of the garden was under water twice. Had cattails for weeds that year. :th

Latest posts